Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! I got my new exhaust and I love it!!! It fixed the issue of my bike leaning to the right when doing wheelies or moving my body to the back.

I love the sound, is not too loud for the size (although you can make it louder), I like the tone and also provides more back pressure so you will get more torque in the low end (I use my bike for street so don't take the bike in high rpms range very often).

I finally got rid of the 500 pounds ugly stock exhaust and my bike got the look I was looking for!

The installation is a 10 minutes job, and you don't need anything to fix the FI light (no FI light) or need a Power Commander to make your exhaust to work on the ZX10r

Overall, I'm very happy with the exhaust, this is the Extreme Blaster XB08.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
While it's an upgrade in performance and weight it's about a sidegrade in terms of looks for me. Ok, maybe it's a little better looking than the stock monstrosity, but I've seen better. Plus I think the silver sticks out too much on the black bike. Carbon on the other hand would be sexy as hell. Sorry, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It looks like a coffee can! Sorry dude, I don't like it... looks like an exhaust tip you can buy at AutoZone. :(

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
It looks like a coffee can! Sorry dude, I don't like it... looks like an exhaust tip you can buy at AutoZone. :(
yeah really...if you going for sound then okay...but i think this can is sorta on the low end of the looks department and ill bet money that its also in the performance it looks as if it still retains the the cat and the boombox....you should just take a chain saw to your stock muffler and there's your new exhaust.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is this exhaust built by ShervinRRR? I think you covered up his name by putting that fake carbon fiber sticker on there...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More info

Actually is not carbon fiber sticker, it will burn out... it is high temperature paint, simulating carbon fiber. I know is not perfect but I like DIY stuff and I liked how it turned out. Actually, when I got my brand new ZX10r, I painted my stock exhaust on carbon fiber as well, and for 2010, I just realized they new ZX10r has a very similar look than my design.

This is the web page of my new exhaust, and I got it on ebay

http://www.extremeblastersingapore.com/

Attachments

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
i think it would look pretty good in black....

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
looks better with the wrap but still odd looking IMO.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Universal Supertrapp!, Do you have a sound clip you can post?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I don't know man. I'm a freak when it comes to exhausts and all I see is something from pepboys strapped on there retaining the pre-muffler down low. I can understand you like the look and sound but louder isn't always better. I think a nice pre-muffler removal and a level one for $299+shipping will out perform this any day. But hey my hats off to you for trying to be different!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Im sure it still must be a whole lot lighter then the stock exhaust

hey if you like the looks & like the improvement in power & sound
thats what really counts it's your bike !

enjoy the new mod & welcome to ZX-10R.net

·
Registered
265 Posts
reminds me of the old dirt bike spark arresters. how does that back pressure work out up top? not that the ones of us who use it as a commuter most of the time ride up top but still, how is it? seems like you would have a huge increase in back pressure. map that, it would be interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really enjoy the back pressure fact. I use my bike everyday for commuting (not too far though) and enjoy some rides going 101 and some back roads around my town, normally I use the range of 2k-8k RPM and like I said previously, the bike is more responsive and I like a lot the pitch of my new exhaust. The bike pulls wheelies in second gear much easier and that is the result of the increased torque. I'll try to get a sound clip later. I like the fact that I can accomodate the exhaust by removing or adding plates and get more torque or noise, depending on the configuration. I'm not really a very picky guy trying to get those 3 HP I'll get if I do this and that, anyways the bike is full of power and I almost never need that power. I enjoy more having the bike with the right look and sound and pulling wheelies wherever I want withoug alerting cops half a mile away about myself coming... Also, I'm not a fan of expending too much money in this toy. I'm married with two children and that's pretty much impossible for me right now, so I have to go for an option I can afford.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
can you say chicken strips!! :)

i like the carbon look much better and get us a video clip

1 - 20 of 26 Posts