Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a 2nd hand ZX10R on a 2004 plate. I have noticed that there has been K-Tech full front suspension put on the bike at a cost of £5k. However I am 88Kg in weight and feel the front suspension jittering when on straight and especially around corners. so much so that I cannot get my knee down on corners.

Does anybody have any ideas what I need to do to get this awsome machine to go round corners without scaring the living day lights out of me.

Attachments

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
1st of all record the settings on each fork..all preload and low speed damping..then go back and 0 them out and make sure they are reset at exactly the same on each fork...I doubt it but one fork may be set differently..
Sounds to me you might have a bent rim..If rim is not bent front wheel maybe outta ballance...Make sure the ballance dot is lined up with valve stem to,if the dot is still viewable..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Check your tire pressure. Has the bike been lowered in the rear? If so, maybe the setup is causing not enough weight to be distributed to the front during acceleration and turning making the front end feel light and juddery? Set your sag, then go from there as far as getting your suspension sorted. It could be a hardware issue but if you only feel it in curves then theres a good chance its suspension.

·
Registered
151 Posts
First gen ZX-10s are also known to have loose steering head nuts. I had the same shaking feeling and had to tighten the steering head nut underneath the top triple clamp. Definitely a pronounced vibration when braking from 170 at Fontana that made me think it was the rotors. I put a newer set of rotors on and the vibration was still there. Tightening the nut cured the front end shakes on mine so there's another option for you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What he said^^^.

Also - if your springs are to stiff you'll get some chatter as they extend to the stops. This would only be evident while coasting without gas/brakes. Try more rebound and see if that helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys, after much fiddling about i have found that the guy before me was 100kg in weight and had much harder springs, I have tried more rebound and also increased the ride height at the back which has put more weight on the front end. I am now getting my knee down, so thanks for all your input.

great!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts