Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, just wondered if anybody has any decent suspension setttings for the new ten.i am around 200 pounds fully geared up.cant seem to stop the front wagging its head when fast road riding.this is the type of riding i am looking for settings for if anyone can help please !

·
Registered
272 Posts
hi guys, just wondered if anybody has any decent suspension setttings for the new ten.i am around 200 pounds fully geared up.cant seem to stop the front wagging its head when fast road riding.this is the type of riding i am looking for settings for if anyone can help please !
The tank slapping is more a function of chassis geometry than anything else, you won't get rid of it entirely until you send the crap damper into Kyle racing for a revalve. They did mine for under $100 with a 24 hour turn around, shipped to Alaska. It transformed the ride, and the damper works as it was designed, before the bloodsucking lawyers got involved.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The tank slapping is more a function of chassis geometry than anything else, you won't get rid of it entirely until you send the crap damper into Kyle racing for a revalve. They did mine for under $100 with a 24 hour turn around, shipped to Alaska. It transformed the ride, and the damper works as it was designed, before the bloodsucking lawyers got involved.
:+1: Or you can do like me and sale your stock damper and buy a Scott's or GPR which by the way, work 10 times better IMO and are a lot more adjustable and user friendly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have had a re-valve,was more concerned with settings of rebound and compression etc to deal with u.k roads i ride.cheers for the heads-up on the damper though although i nearly found out the standard one was crap the hard way !

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
right there with you, I hit it once coming out of 2nd and I had enough head shake I almost lost it, first day owning a 10 and my damper was all the way open haha. Never had to adjustable one before because I always road a honda or suzuki or yamaha before this bike other then my 3 months on a 05 636 which went good bye LOL. But yeah I got mine rebuilt and it was night to day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts