Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned a 2008 Zx10r for a year and now sold! I believe I have made a big mistake!! I have recently test road all the other superbikes but not the GSXR which is a pig of a bike! I have come to the conclusion that bar the Duc 1198s and RSV4 which were amazing to ride the RSV4 was awesome! But £15,000 on a bike which i ride every sat/sun is a bit much to spend. The Fireblade is great handling bike but stops there really! Not as fun and scary as the 10....now the R1 is a complete waste of time! All the hype about it is rubbish! Build quality not that great power completely missing below 10,000rpm, i may as well be riding an R6! Now I'm in the market for another bike and after riding the and owning the 10 nothing compares even close to it unless your spending twice as much on the Duc and RSV4. Question is would i be happy owning another 10 or is it time for a change!?? Sorry if this thread is a bit sketchy......

·
T Double D
870 Posts
get another 10

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I'm reading, you basically answered your own question. But before you buy another 10, you need to ride the K8/K9 1000 so you won't have any regrets! I came of a K7 1000, the bike was good but not great! It all comes down to personal preference and rider comfort!

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
from what i'm reading, you basically answered your own question. But before you buy another 10, you need to ride the k8/k9 1000 so you won't have any regrets! I came of a k7 1000, the bike was good but not great! It all comes down to personal preference and rider comfort!
:+1:

·
Registered
463 Posts
From what I'm reading, you basically answered your own question. But before you buy another 10, you need to ride the K8/K9 1000 so you won't have any regrets! I came of a K7 1000, the bike was good but not great! It all comes down to personal preference and rider comfort!
i've owned a 05 and 08 zx-10 along with several gsxrs. I prefer the gsxr power delivery over the 10. The chassis is also better on the gsxr IMO.

it all boils down to price I suppose. For a road bike, they are both very very close except in the looks department. I would buy the cheaper of the tww - which is how I ended up with the 05 zx-10 back in 2005

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Everyday I ride this thing I am amazed how fast it is. I have "ZERO" interest in any other liter bike. Other than the, "I road a Ducati thing". The ZX10 for the most part will tear the plastics off any other liter bike on the road.

17 seconds to 180MPH

That is insane, on it's way to an indicated 189MPH:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've owned a 05 and 08 zx-10 along with several gsxrs. I prefer the gsxr power delivery over the 10. The chassis is also better on the gsxr IMO.

it all boils down to price I suppose. For a road bike, they are both very very close except in the looks department. I would buy the cheaper of the tww - which is how I ended up with the 05 zx-10 back in 2005
I agree, they are both equally great bikes. I prefer the suspension of the 08/09 10 than the K7/K8 1000. Form what I've been seeing, the 10's are running a lot cheaper than the Gixxers.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Everyday I ride this thing I am amazed how fast it is. I have "ZERO" interest in any other liter bike. Other than the, "I road a Ducati thing". The ZX10 for the most part will tear the plastics off any other liter bike on the road.

17 seconds to 180MPH

That is insane, on it's way to an indicated 189MPH:eyecrazy:
LOL I like how that sounds... Im gonna have to write that down and put it in my signature LOL thats a damn good saying...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
LOL I like how that sounds... Im gonna have to write that down and put it in my signature LOL thats a damn good saying...

It's funny because it's true...:lol::lol::lol:

After a ride with a friend (who shall remain nameless) we noticed the front small plastic had blown off his bike after a nice HWY rip. Now I am not saying it was when I passed him but I'm just saying... I just looked and could not stop myself from laughing. I wanted to dig into him but I let it go.

I'm just saying:mrgreen:

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Ok ..i have some experience in this area..i came off a K7 GSXR-1000 onto my current 08 10R, now i dont there is much difference from the k7 gsxr 1000 and the k8 gsxr 1000 but they did change it up a bit for 09, but most likely not too much if any at all really..but anywho it is all rider preference but i will tell you this..if you get the gsxr your gonna enjoy the comfort over the zx-10r but your gonna miss the raw power, and your gonna be in the gsxr squid group lol..jk not everyone who has gsxr's are squids but alot of em are though..and not to mention, everyone knows the 10R's are just hands down..the BEST!...but hey its your call bro...no pressure...

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Wow another freaking 09 r1 thread lol, how many open do we have!!! But hey I owned a 05 r1, 07cbr1000rr,08cbr1000rr,09 zx10r and I have rode a lot of other bikes including the new 09 r1 and all I can say is if your on the street def. the new 3rd gen zx10r is the way to go!!! I say buy another one and call it a day, heck you might be able to find a left over 08 for cheap, just my .02 cents

yeah last weekend I had people not even wanting to race me just because it said kawasaki and zx10r on the side lol

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Wow another freaking 09 r1 thread lol, how many open do we have!!! But hey I owned a 05 r1, 07cbr1000rr,08cbr1000rr,09 zx10r and I have rode a lot of other bikes including the new 09 r1 and all I can say is if your on the street def. the new 3rd gen zx10r is the way to go!!! I say buy another one and call it a day, heck you might be able to find a left over 08 for cheap, just my .02 cents

yeah last weekend I had people not even wanting to race me just because it said kawasaki and zx10r on the side lol
...and i agree with him lol..:iamwithst

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

:+2: We all know who is king on the street, which is where most of us spend our time riding.

·
Registered
677 Posts
having owned a 2008 zx10r for a year and now sold! I believe i have made a big mistake!! I have recently test road all the other superbikes but not the gsxr which is a pig of a bike! I have come to the conclusion that bar the duc 1198s and rsv4 which were amazing to ride the rsv4 was awesome! But £15,000 on a bike which i ride every sat/sun is a bit much to spend. The fireblade is great handling bike but stops there really! Not as fun and scary as the 10....now the r1 is a complete waste of time! All the hype about it is rubbish! Build quality not that great power completely missing below 10,000rpm, i may as well be riding an r6! Now i'm in the market for another bike and after riding the and owning the 10 nothing compares even close to it unless your spending twice as much on the duc and rsv4. Question is would i be happy owning another 10 or is it time for a change!?? Sorry if this thread is a bit sketchy......

bmw :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Get whatever you want. If it makes you happy that is all that matters. When people tell me the front of the 3rd gen is so weird looking I tell them to enjoy it while they can be cause on the road all you will see is the tail.:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts