Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the ten back 2day and thought i'd share the result seeing as it had the 04-05 akrapovic system on..

Bike made 184.7bhp (at the wheel) and 84.4lb torque with the evolution, butterflies out, pc5 and bmc race filter!

In comparison on the same dyno my '04 made 171, my dad's '07 made 177 and a friend's '08 gsxr1000 made 180 all with full akro's and pc3's...

All in all a recommended bit of money saving! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:
His dyno is a bit high compared to some, that's why I put up comparative figures, but he always produces good gains

·
Registered
641 Posts
OP, how bout some pics of the bike with the exhaust on it! Great numbers BTW.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@garth
Yes the pc5 works fine, although there is an issue with dynojets' o2 sensor plugs, they have stopped making them because they don't work, the dynoman (Tim) said because of this problem the pc5 is unable to custom map 5th and 6th gear between 3,000 and 6,000rpm at 20% throttle, which isn't in anyone's normal riding range realistically, plus the FI light is on...

@magicmavis
Yeah I thought as much, i've heard SAE corrected is much more accurate, personally I think it's making between 175-180 true, eitherway it certainly pulls much better lol!

Does anyone know how effective velocity stacks are, ie the gains they give on the dyno?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have seen claims on stacks but no real world numbers...Ask garth hes the guy that works with engines let alone heads all the time...Sure he has some solid feedback...Welcome to the site man...

ps Numbers are numbers, its all about feel after the tune...:wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was the akro a direct fit?

Yes straight on, there's a slight contact point with the sump (not as tight as pics suggest) and the radiator bracket had to be spaced forward so as to create more clearance for the downpipes. Also just put on a custom bracket (pic shows a copper tubing bodge :lol:)

Could do with the can being shorter but I like it as it keeps the noise down for trackdays

Attachments

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yes straight on, there's a slight contact point with the sump (not as tight as pics suggest) and the radiator bracket had to be spaced forward so as to create more clearance for the downpipes. Also just put on a custom bracket (pic shows a copper tubing bodge :lol:)

Could do with the can being shorter but I like it as it keeps the noise down for trackdays
do you have any other side pics of the bike, I Wanna see how that pipes looks, also another question, I see in the pic the rear o2 is pretty close to the frame, does it seem like any fitment issues there???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
do you have any other side pics of the bike, I Wanna see how that pipes looks, also another question, I see in the pic the rear o2 is pretty close to the frame, does it seem like any fitment issues there???
I'll get some more up soon, but luckily the pipe lines up perfectly fine, had lots of clearance at the back to play with, no issue there at all, someone else doing this could make the hanger suitable for how tight (high) they wanted it at the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Freaking love it.. I was looking in to getting a full for mine but damn they're still so freaking expensive!!!!! I'll def. be looking in to getting a 1g full.

My only beef is the tight fitments and you don't get to keep the lower.. (plate that covers the boom box)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Freaking love it.. I was looking in to getting a full for mine but damn they're still so freaking expensive!!!!! I'll def. be looking in to getting a 1g full.

My only beef is the tight fitments and you don't get to keep the lower.. (plate that covers the boom box)
I'm pretty particular with my bikes and I would've taken the 04 system off it it wasn't all good, the fitment isn't that tight, main issue is the radiator but that can be spaced forward half an inch easily, you can pick up 04/05 akro systems for a bargin compared to the 08+ ones...:thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah I've seen that! I just saw a full ti system go for 750 on ebay brand new in box! :-/ crazyness!

I'll probably wind up going that route unless I find something else I like.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Sending the Rep. Not sure when going full if I'll want to go this route, but it's got me thinking. Seems as though the biggest barrier at this point is having to give up the passenger peg mount in place of a custom exhaust hanger.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Eek. I just saw that as well. I didn't notice that you have to have a custom bracket for the exhaust... Wonder what could be done? I double quite often on mine...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts