Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My bike as been down the road and I have now stripped everything off ready to make it into a track bike, problem is it won't start.

Basically everything works ok and the bike turns over but.............

Fuel pump does not prime and FI light does not light up for the two seconds after the ignition is turned on.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Adam

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have exactly the same problem.

Crashed the bike and after some healing time are trying to get it back on the road/track and it wont start.

spent 2 days stuffing about with no result. however when i poured some gas staight down the bellmouths is started up. the FI light is flashing and the oil pressure light does not shut off after. Any ideas???

Peter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On the left side of the bike behind the tank cover there is a power distribution harness. check and see if its burnt up. I had the same problem on my and thats what it was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the left side of the bike behind the tank cover there is a power distribution harness. check and see if its burnt up. I had the same problem on my and thats what it was.
Any ideas how big this is & what it connects too ?

I have checked the wiring/plugs and everything seems ok

·
Registered
44 Posts
The bike has a tip-over sensor usually located under the rear tailsection fairing or front fairing. If the bike has been layed down, it shuts fuel off, the bike will turn over but won't start. Disconnect battery for several minutes and make sure the sensor is facing the right direction (it has an arrow on it, should point up). Reconnect the battery and give it a shot. That may be all it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts