Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.my problem is:the bike start and work great.low and mid rpm it`s cool but when go to 10500, 11000 rpm bike stop no more.this is in every gear.so what is this, no Fi light no error code.the bike is apsolutly stock, no mods, no tunning (only BMC air filter).i clean my air filter but nothing.please help :( :( :( (sorry for my bad english)

·
Registered
959 Posts
its your fuel pump clean the filterin your fuel pump if it helps or if not u need new pump im on my 3 pump in my 04

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuel pump...hmmm i will check it next week.little strange but i clean my air filter and tune the exup clamps and rpm is go up but little more.10x for help grego10r :hello:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i buy this bike before a month.i don`t know whether the spark plugs are changed.the km on bike are 22 000 (once again sorry for my bad english :) )

·
Registered
90 Posts
fuel pump, mine did that too. does it make a strange noise when priming up. there is no good way to test for this unless you have a fuel pressure gauge you can put in line while riding.the pressure will look good sitting there when priming but it would not hold it while riding. my pump was blowing fuel by some seal and pressure would drop and the bike would stop pulling and starve for fuel at hi rpm,s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10x boys. i will check the pump tomorrow and i really hope the fuel pump is okay, and the problem to be something little 10x again.:hello::hello::hello:

·
Registered
586 Posts
FWIW, I had a similar problem recently. It was fine everywhere under 10K RPM's, I only discovered it during a top speed run, then confirmed it running 2nd and 3rd gear to redline with drock41 on a local back road. Our bikes have always been quite even so I changed the spark plugs because its a good cheap place to start.

Bad gas can cause similar problems. I did fill up at a different gas station right before that, so by the time I changed the plugs I had refilled at a "known good" gas station so Im not 100% sure it was the plugs, they were less than a year old. Either way its good now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i clean my fuel pump but no change.tomorrow i change the pump with new one (second hand but she was on the worked bike).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think I might have a similar problem. The bike randomly looses power at around 7.5k rpm and feels like I've let off the throttle. If I then let off on the throttle and pull it back again, it will either keep on doing the same thing or ride like nothing was wrong. I find that if I run it in a higher gear, the problem doesn't happen. It usually happens immediately after I've raised the RPM's high. So far, I've got it dynoed, had a mechanic look at it but neither the dyno graph or the mechanic can find out what the hell is going on. I can't just make it happen whenever I want to recreate the problem and seems to have a mind of its own.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I think I might have a similar problem. The bike randomly looses power at around 7.5k rpm and feels like I've let off the throttle. If I then let off on the throttle and pull it back again, it will either keep on doing the same thing or ride like nothing was wrong. I find that if I run it in a higher gear, the problem doesn't happen. It usually happens immediately after I've raised the RPM's high. So far, I've got it dynoed, had a mechanic look at it but neither the dyno graph or the mechanic can find out what the hell is going on. I can't just make it happen whenever I want to recreate the problem and seems to have a mind of its own.
its your pump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts