Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I believe stock for stock very well and can beat it most of the time. With mods 14 is faster(as in both modded)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I have found myself with riders maybe not as good as me on the strip or some better but good enough for the ZX10R to still hang close or even WINS....after 140mph there is no doubt a ZX14 is stronger but at the same time being so close from a start on a 1st Gen many times says alot about power to weight ratio....after that the Big Boys should take over.:wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
They're so close that the rider makes the difference!
:+1:

I was talking 1/4 mile never had a place to race top end....the 1ks as you know shine in 1/4 mile or beyond.....for me I suspect they probably check out slowly depending on mods against 1ks with All being equal way above 150mph....below that I haven't seen a reason for a 1k especially a 10R to be scared of any bike down low with similar mods. :headshake:wink:

bloo

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So exactly how does the 10 fare up against the 14?:helmet:
I would say all things equal edge to the 10 to about 150 then HP/Torque and better aeros of the 14 should take over.

GEN I Is the most agressive in terms of power/weight and low end grunt.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dad has 08 14, i have 07 10, i am geared for quarter mile but when i got the bike and was stock the 14 walks away on the big end start of 5 gear but anything before that the 10 is right there my dad couldn't believe it. Thought he had fastest production bike it is sick but lb for lb 10 rules the roost depending on what kind of riding you want to do. Still thinking of getting the 09 green 14

·
Registered
304 Posts

I was talking 1/4 mile never had a place to race top end....the 1ks as you know shine in 1/4 mile or beyond.....for me I suspect they probably check out slowly depending on mods against 1ks with All being equal way above 150mph....below that I haven't seen a reason for a 1k especially a 10R to be scared of any bike down low with similar mods. :headshake:wink:

bloo

Most 1K shines in the 1/4. I've race a 14 and won all 3 times. I think it all depends on the rider. Plus he was stock and I'm stretched a lil bit, lol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought a 2007 zx10 with 700 miles and traded it even up for a ZX14 (same miles) because We had other literbikes in the garage and the guy I traded with was all of 140lbs and wanted smaller bike . My son Is 6-8(280lbs) and Im 6-4 (240 lbs) so it worked out for both parties . The ZX14 has the smoothest engine ive ever seen and is great as a sport touring bike as well. I have ridden the busa and personally i thinks the ZX14 is a more cmfortable ride . Very impressed .

BTW, does anyone know WHY the ZX14s engine is particularly smooth? different counterbalancer or engine mounting ect ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
thanks mad , Other than yorself and I , I have never heard anyone else comment on the ZX14 engine being particularly smooth . Nw i know its just not me .. or.. both of us are crazy lol

·
Registered
831 Posts
you have to remember stock for stock the zx14 is carrying taller gearing. Equally geared and ridden the 14 will leave you for dead past 100.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
thanks mad , Other than yorself and I , I have never heard anyone else comment on the ZX14 engine being particularly smooth . Nw i know its just not me .. or.. both of us are crazy lol
I used to have an 08 busa here at my house and i used to ride it all the time great bike and everything but everytime i jumped on my 14 it was like me jumping from a corvette to a cadillac with 4 turbos! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts