Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys just wanted to see what you think of this guy.

I have a 07 zx10 just slip 2 bro and he has a 03 cbr 954 power commander,intake, exhaust, and a lil other stuff.

So we did race from a 65 mile an hour roll because he said his tires were bad.

I wave the hand to him telling him to go, i let him get like a bike or 2 ahead and i smack the throttle down. At the end of the race i was like 20 bike from this guy.

His excuse was he had a bad start mean while i gave him a bike or 2.

So we did it again and he said he got speed wobble so did i but i smoked him. Stock ohlins sucks.

But this is what he said. Those zx10 are slow i eat them all day. Your bike cant hit 236mph like mine (lol). i told him he was riding in km.

So my question is what do you think of this guy and his bike. I smoked him bad but he saying all this stuff happened.

He has work done to the bike but not much.

What do you think

·
Registered
338 Posts
Im on a gen 1 but I had an encounter with a 954, it was a real good friend of mine. long story short we went from about 40 I smacked down on the throttle and spun some (Im 10inchs over SWB) he got maybe 2 to 3 bikes while I was spinning but as soon as I hooked those were gone and I was able to put about 15 on him (his words I wasn't able to check that lol) before I shut it down. SO that guys an idiot honestly, a 954 is older technology, its still a great bike none the less but nothing for a ZX unless its really been built.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I race em if they talk shit. It was a bad bike in its day, but even then it wasnt op dog. Its competitor was the zx9.A far cry from modern 1k power and weight.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I race em if they talk shit. It was a bad bike in its day, but even then it wasnt op dog. Its competitor was the zx9.A far cry from modern 1k power and weight.
:+1:this sums it up perfectly.....I would have given one of those bikes a bad time when I had my ZX9R and as much as I loved my ZX9 it's NO ZX10R a new level stock for stock. :wink::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These amateur riders dont know anything lol. Didnt know his weight or hp but he said he was going 236 lol. O and he didnt know what a damn triple tree was lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And later that day i raced a 1098 and smoked the guy. Kid with 954 said he lost by like 3 bike to the 1098. But mean while i smoke the 1098 by like 6 bikes

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The 954 just cant hang. They make good midrange torque (like most honda's do) but they are down at least 15hp to a zx10. When you are talking sheer straight line acceleration there is no way the 954 can hang. I would like to think i am speaking from experience as i have owned both bikes, and for quite some time.

(In case i need proof)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Somebody should tell that dude to put the meth pipe down and slowly back away. No matter though...he got his ass whooped and made excuses. Action talks. Bullshit walks. And it sounds like he got straight walked! Only in his fantasy world will a 954 beat a ZX10.

·
Registered
74 Posts
954 should be racing 750s i have one and is really light and it turns on a dime but the motor was sort of a desperate move from honda to come out with something new, dont get me wrong i love the bike but not enough power

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
954 should be racing 750s i have one and is really light and it turns on a dime but the motor was sort of a desperate move from honda to come out with something new, dont get me wrong i love the bike but not enough power

That's a really clean bike, looks fast! I had a buddy with a 954 that was all beat up and not taken care of cosmetically, and it looked like an old slow turd! If you chopped that pipe down, maybe a LOR or racefit growler, or high mount the micron, that bike would look 10X better than it already does!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
OP, guy's obviously a squid and/or newb and/or douchebag...Just tell him to stick his bike up his ass and walk...
like everyone else has already stated, the 954 is a great bike, but is lacking in the power dept, and the newer technology of the ZX10's is far superior to that of the honda...And we all know about that top end power on the 10's...

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I beat a stock 2nd gen with a stock 954 at the strip before.
But then again, stock gearing on the 10 is less than ideal for the strip, and i guess i was a little better than the other guy.

But from a roll i don think there is a chance for the 954

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a brand new 954rr sometime ago. Light and fast bike. It is still my favorite.

I admit I did buy it over a brand new 2004 Gen 1, but that was because is was being sold at cost. No one wanted them at retail since it was the slowest of the liter bikes. GSXR1000 and R1's were bikes to have in 02-03.

That said, there is no way that a 954rr can beat any of the zx10s' unless a marginal rider is piloting.

Of course, big dollar engine mods to a 954rr change things up but that is another argument.

So now I have my Gen 1 and will be buying another 954rr next if I can find a low mile, pristine bike. For a good deal.

The 954rr is like a fast 600 to me. And a much better "street bike" than my Gen 1. Hard core race bike like a zx10? Not really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 954 is quite the underperformer.

No good ram air...struggles to get past 169/170 mph (actual) and was getting walked up top by the old 00 GSXR 750.

They are relatively quick and handle ok .... but against a 10? With similar weight and skills it should be over within a few seconds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts