Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received alot of questions about valve springs for the 3rd gen...So I figured that I would answer all the questions in this one post....

The main question is who makes valve springs that fit the 3rd gen..... And the answer is simple....The Springs from previous gens fit.....For all of those that are still unsure go to this link...This is a link on the kawasaki website for kit parts...If you look at the the application years it's from 2004-2010...

http://kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=490780049&Reason=6&intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=158&ModelMarketingId=565&ModelYear=2010&CategoryID=132

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Not to sound like a dik but whats the point of this thread?? Are you guys haven issues and its somethin i should be lookin into?? My g3 only has 2500 kms(1500 mi)to you yanks..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
the Gen 4 springs should fit as well. I wish I had a valve spring gauge to let you know what seat and max lift pressure is but I dont have one.

The point of the thread is to spread information :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sound like a dik but whats the point of this thread?? Are you guys haven issues and its somethin i should be lookin into?? My g3 only has 2500 kms(1500 mi)to you yanks..

This is a informative post for everyone with a 3rd gen wanting to upgrade there valvetrain...I decided to start a thread so I can spread the word to people who have asked me about it and also people who are looking into upgrading

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
AWWWWWWW..Cool...k tks..

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have received alot of questions about valve springs for the 3rd gen...So I figured that I would answer all the questions in this one post....

The main question is who makes valve springs that fit the 3rd gen..... And the answer is simple....The Springs from previous gens fit.....For all of those that are still unsure go to this link...This is a link on the kawasaki website for kit parts...If you look at the the application years it's from 2004-2010...

http://kawasaki.com/KawasakiNew/Accessories2/PCItemDetail.aspx?ItemNumber=490780049&Reason=6&intCatalogID=1&intCatalogType=4&ProductTypeID=158&ModelMarketingId=565&ModelYear=2010&CategoryID=132
I got that last post wrong....on the Ron Ayers website it list's the 06/07 int valve spring as part number--49078-0007 and the exh spring as part num--- 49078-0022

For the 2008-2010 they list a part number for the intake valve spring as---49078-0066 and the exh valve spring as---49078-0022

so...same exh spring but different intake

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm ordering the a kit spring tomorrow and also a spring from a gen 4 to take measurements.... Seat pressure and max lift like Garth stated above...

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm ordering the a kit spring tomorrow and also a spring from a gen 4 to take measurements.... Seat pressure and max lift like Garth stated above...

I know it's been a while,but since I'll be installing race cams on my bike and I intend to rev the shit out of it with the kit ecu,I'd like to know the results.

I have a set of kit race cams and a set of regrinds, 10.2 mm lift intake and 8.8 exhaust. I will test them both but I'm not sure about what springs ( and if they are required) to use...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up running stock springs and just shimmed them to meet kit specs.... I rev to 14k and have not had any problems .....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts