Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope this is the right forum . are there any special tools needed to drop motor out of 2006 zx 10 need to strip bike to take to frame shop . anything special i need to know about it

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I can't help with your specific question. I'm curious as to why you're pulling the motor? Are you getting the frame straightened, welded, modded...?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
getting sub frame fixed and the rest of it checked out to make sure it is not bent from my high side

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Take it to Walt over at The Frame Man on Silica near El Camino and business 80. 916-920-1010. You won't have to pull the motor or the subframe. The last time I had to have a frame fixed I had to pull the forks, tree, crown, carbs and... probably a radiator. It was quite some time ago. He fixed it all with the motor in the frame. He even welded a crack in the case for me.

Say what you will about Computrac, I'll never take my bike to anybody but The Frame Man. He does top notch work and has fixed things that didn't look like they could be fixed. They always have some interesting stuff in the shop to check out, too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
talked to walt yesterday was takin motor out so i could familiarize myself mechanicaly with my bike while i was still healling . was going to do what ever work and adjustments i could to motor while it was out .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts