Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
zx10 gen3 approaches -1 +2 or back 43 forward 16.
I have to extend the base back. I have to pull the wheel back with the extender. I wonder how many links the link will need to add. There are now 110 links.
thanks

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I think I understand the question.

No one will be able to answer it though since you haven't said how big the extension blocks are. The size of the blocks and how far back the rear axle goes will tell you more about the chain that will be needed. But you should never add links to it. You need to buy a new chain and cut it to the proper size. Two masterlinks is a failure point on the chain if you just add a section like that and the new area won't have the same wear and stretch as the main section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I understand the question.

No one will be able to answer it though since you haven't said how big the extension blocks are. The size of the blocks and how far back the rear axle goes will tell you more about the chain that will be needed. But you should never add links to it. You need to buy a new chain and cut it to the proper size. Two masterlinks is a failure point on the chain if you just add a section like that and the new area won't have the same wear and stretch as the main section.
thankiu

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
There will be negligible difference-1 front is almost +3 rear so -1 front +2 rear you move the axle rearward maybe 2mm. If you have standard blocks then chain 116 will have right back with no room to adjust for chain wear in the future so you need 114.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.