Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 1988 ZX10 that I'm Looking to Replace the Header. Does anyone Know if any Newer Model Headers will fit My Bike?? I Know its old as Hell!! I would like to go with a Stainless so I won't have to Worry about Rust.

Thanks Alot!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got mine off ebay, search 88-90 zx10. D&D headers along with mid pipe and silencer are for sale there. I personally mixed a D&D header and mid pipe to an FMF Power Pro silencer, I wouldnt recomend mixing unless you have machining capabilities due to interface between the midpipe and the silencer. I had to make an adapter. I also have cut the silencer down by about 5 inches to make it look a bit more designed for the bike. Dont forget you might also have attachement problems to the rear footpeg as well. I had to mess around there as well but it worked out in the end.

I seriously recomend buying a system from front to back to save yourself the headache I went through unless your adventerous :dontknow:

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Not likely to find a ti header but rust only happens when its left outside and not cared for..
Not to bust yer nads man but...
There is a guy just around the corner from me that has a kawi 750(old gpz style i think)and has a stupid flip flop kinda paint job and that thing i feel bad for..
It sits all yr never covered/maintained or nothin..He rides his kid on it now and then up the street and back..Friggin rusted bucket..
I almost wanna knock on his door and just lay him out for neglecting his bike like that..The man dont deserve to live...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This Motor is on a Pulling Lawn Mower. As long as I can Find one that will Bolt up to the Head I will be Fine. See Pic Below. I Can't Keep Header Paint on it. Header has Flat Spots on Bottom so I really don't want to sink that kinda money into this one to have it Ceramic Coated.

Hulk Brookhaven.jpg

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
That's pretty cool! Yeah, assuming it sits outside alot, I would just buy a D&D header new off Ebay. Sometimes you can find a 2nd Gen titanium stocker for sale for $100 or slightly less on Ebay too. You obviously don't need a midpipe or muffler:badteeth:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Machine Stays in the Shop except on Weekends of Competition. The Motor has a good bit of Work done to it. In the Picture I posted before that Weekend the Header was Sandblasted and Painted with Header Paint. As you can see It looks Horrible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty cool! Yeah, assuming it sits outside alot, I would just buy a D&D header new off Ebay. Sometimes you can find a 2nd Gen titanium stocker for sale for $100 or slightly less on Ebay too. You obviously don't need a midpipe or muffler:badteeth:.

What is Considered a 2nd Gen?

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts