Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the last stages of rebuilding my 08 zx10 & I've come to a road block. First let me start off by saying that the damaged consisted of (subframe broken off and all components were missing,sensors,tail light, battery, servo etc)... I replaced the subframe & replaced all components(w/the exception of the servo). I feel that this may be were the problem is originating from but I'm not totally sure. My suspicion is that the curcuit must be complete before it will turn over. There's one more thing that stands out.. once I connect the battery the fan continues to run. I figured it may be a shortage but I couldnt find one, so again I feel that all of this may have something to do with the circuit being incomplete.

Does anyone have any helpful info?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
If your talking about the exhaust servo, that will only give a F.I. light but the bike would start and run fine. The fan may be a bad sensor or ECU but you need to break out the ohm meter and check. It could be a lot of things as to why it won't start.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your talking about the exhaust servo, that will only give a F.I. light but the bike would start and run fine. The fan may be a bad sensor or ECU but you need to break out the ohm meter and check. It could be a lot of things as to why it won't start.

Thanks! I too thought that the ECU may be a dud but all the electronic light up. Im really hoping against that(for several reasons). Let me ask you this... consider everything else is working properly. Should the fuel pump at least cycle on?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I would think the fuel pump would cycle if the ECU is good and sending the right signals to it, was there any damage to the tank ?? the fuel pump may have gotten damaged from the crash ??? might want to take a look at it and make sure its not broke?? good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think the fuel pump would cycle if the ECU is good and sending the right signals to it, was there any damage to the tank ?? the fuel pump may have gotten damaged from the crash ??? might want to take a look at it and make sure its not broke?? good luck
Yea, there was a small amount of damage to the tank, so you right it's possible that something happened. to it.

Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts