Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys decided to make a build thread for my track bike. its my first track bike and im addicted. bought it back in november for 3k and been doing track days since. i try at least twice a month...luckily we get awesome weather here in socal :)

Bought it with track fairings, brembo master cylinder, crg levers, sato rear sets, akra slip on, pc III and a dyno jet quick shifter.

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after my first track day at acs i knew the bike needed a lot of work. worked well but there was somethings i knew that needed to be improved so i immediately stripped it down for a prep.

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt know i had a gp livery on this bike until i saw old pics of the zx rr motogp bike! so here were some inspration pics for me to think i owned a replica :banana-metal:

IMG_2204.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a little too crazy and bought some much needed upgrades before next session..
ohlins rear that i purchased from a member on here. brembo m4 calipers, samco sport hoses, -1 front sprocket and decided to try 200 series pirelli sc's
IMG_2293.JPG

the darn valve cover gasket failed on me last track day so it was time for a new one. also started swapping the hoses and calipers.
IMG_2295.jpg

the air filter was probably the original and was never changed. i replaced it with a k&n
IMG_2296.jpg

the levers and rear sets were originially black and faded so i re anodized them gold and added a brake lever guard
IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wasnt really a fan of the metallic green paint so i had the body work and tank wrapped in lime green. (the body work is attack racing) kawi green :) thats more like it.
IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

drove far as hell to pick up some marchesini wheels for 700 bucks. a deal i couldnt pass up! also got rid of the akra slip on and put on a gp style exhaust. looks way better imo. still have the old one if anyone wants it! not the elbow though
IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another track day at acs. about 4 months in so far. got about 12 sec faster since the first time i went to autoclub speedway. speed is an addiction and i still feel the need to go even faster lol

AC4_3853_Feb0218_CaliPhoto.jpg

AC4_3981_Feb0218_CaliPhoto.jpg

AC4_5282_Feb0218_CaliPhoto.jpg

AC4_5283_Feb0218_CaliPhoto.jpg

AC4_6151_Feb0218_CaliPhoto.jpg

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMG_2461.JPG

went to big willow a few months back..fun track. hit a tumbleweed on turn 8 at about 125 mph. that was fun lol luckily i didnt go down and the bike didnt get damaged.

IMG_2468.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my babies....first ever bike i learned to ride was a kawi so theyre def my favorite. something about that green.. but i do love hondas a lot. looking to purchase a newer sport bike for racing this next season. maybe a zx10 or a cbr.

IMG_2501.jpg

and the zx looks sooooo good.
IMG_2554.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rode chuckwalla 3 months ago i think. all i remember it was hot as balls but i did get my racer license. i plan on doing some cvma and wera rounds soon

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some eye candy and new caliper hardware so i can safety wire it
IMG_2547.JPG

broke the zx header right where the slip on goes due to the previous owner dropping the bike and denting it at that spot. over time it finally snapped off so it was out of commission for a while until i found a new system.

in the mean time i went to chuckwalla again and took my baby (rc51) this thing rips but its soooo heavy. good times!

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went last weekend to buttonwillow...turns out i had a blown 2nd gear since i bought the bike but the trans finally gave out in 2nd. coudnt ride in that gear at all. also had some issues with my clutch cable so that was fun fixing at the track.

since the last track day with the zx, i finally came across a akrapovic full titanium system and installed that and installed a suter slipper clutch. sucks that i didnt really get to ride the bike too much but i found a cheap stock trans on ebay and its currently being swapped. hopefully i get it back on time so i can install this bad boy! track day this sat again.

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2827.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts