Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
send him to small claims court... or.. go where he lives and get your money back in person. thats what i would do if i had the chance!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i dont think small claims court would be worth his drive from indy to alabama for $100. you do have to take people for their word when buying used items. he asked for pics, he got pics. although they did not apparently show the damaged can. but realistically, he payed $100 for a leo vince slip-on? i dont think one should really expect it to be minty fresh for so cheap....

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
however, if i were the seller and the buyer was not happy with the purchase, i would offer a refund. at least try to make the deal good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not that mad over the money, but why not be honest. If he had stated that there was a crack in the can, I would have asked Kabooki if it would work. I am just trying to fore warn others about this d-bag. The pic that I got was a pic of it on his bike from a distance away. I am guessing that he wrecked and was shitty about it, so he was tryign to get more money for a POS item. I am just appalled that people that own the same kind of bike and have the same passion who are willing to help out in a forum like this would be so inclined to lie just to make a sale.
I bet he lives in the ghetto, and needed money for hookers or blow. but if thats the case why not be honest??

·
Registered
250 Posts
tru dat... but he did say there was nothing wrong with the pipe either. i would be pretty pissed if that happened to me but at the same time i know what they are worth and i would have requested alot more pics or it would have raised a brow and i would have thought it was a scam.

I remember a few years ago i was looking for a bike and ran into a 06 or 07 yamaha r1 for sale for 2500 bucks! I was like this cant be for real... the guy sent me pics to my email of it and it was super clean looked new. he said nothing was wrong with it but it just sounded to good to be true. turns out this was a scam.. as i thought it would be.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
I am not that mad over the money, but why not be honest. If he had stated that there was a crack in the can, I would have asked Kabooki if it would work. I am just trying to fore warn others about this d-bag. The pic that I got was a pic of it on his bike from a distance away. I am guessing that he wrecked and was shitty about it, so he was tryign to get more money for a POS item. I am just appalled that people that own the same kind of bike and have the same passion who are willing to help out in a forum like this would be so inclined to lie just to make a sale.
I bet he lives in the ghetto, and needed money for hookers or blow. but if thats the case why not be honest??
:spit:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Paging ZXRacer to the white courtesy phone......

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
These are pm's that were sent back and forth. I was looking for a carbon Fiber exhuast and he said he had one. It was a LEO Vince that he said was an 8/10.

Originally Posted by 1st 10r
I sent you 105 to cover fees. I forgot to ask you is there any damage to the can at all?

His reponse

can and midpipe is in good condition, no scrapes or nothin. also comes with a carbon fiber muffler strap also. i rate this pipe a 8 out of 10. i will ship out to you tomorrow and pm you back the shipping tracking no#

Originally Posted by zx racer
hey here is your U.S. postal tracking no# for the exhaust 0310 2010 0001 7915 5995. let me no when you receive it. you should receive it 5-7 business days or sooner. Thx

My response: I still have not recieved it. It was in Cinncinati yest. and I would think it should be delivered tomorrow? I will keep you posted

His:
oh ok i was hopin it would show up by now but let me no when it arrives and sorry for the delay bc i ship it the next day man.
------------------------------------------------------------
My response:
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I was in FL looking for houses and buildings for sale. I still have not gotten it and the tracking states that it was processed in Cinncinati 3 days ago. Hopefully it was not lost in the mail. i will keep you posted.
I know that you sent it the next day, so I am not mad at you. The post office sometimes is so screwed up. I guess I should just expect that from a government run facility...

His:
it cool man and i did send it to the address you wanted me to ship it to but dont no why it hasnt showed up there yet.
------------------------------------------------
My response:
I got the pipe and I must say that I am very dissappointed in it. You said it was an 8 out of 10. I would give it more of a 5 or 6. You did not tell me that there was a tear in the carbon fiber weave. There is no way that this pipe is worth a hundred bucks. What can we do to rectify this?

Let me know

Greg

His:
glad you finally got it but i paid 300 bucks for the pipe new and for 100 bucks ship to you for quality name brand exhaust like leo vince is def a fair deal to me man.

Mine:
Are you serious? You think that was a good deal? You freaking lied to me. There was no deal in that. How about you just refund my money, I'll ship you the can back, and we call it a day.

His:
yes im serious. reason why i say its a good deal is bc if you lookup the price new for the same exhaust and consider you only paid 100 bucks and shipping to you was around 15-20 bucks so really you only paid like 80 bucks for the pipe. im sorry it was so late arriveing but i did ship that pipe to you the next day and supplied you a tracking no# just like you ask me to. over all i say its a decent exhaust and ive seen worst lookin pipes go for the same price or more on here. i dont know wat you was expectin for 100 bucks but for a leo vince carbon fiber slipon i say you got a damn good deal man for the price.

What a POS Dbag. In his own words there was no scrapes or nothin.

THERE'S A FREAKING CUT IN THE CARBON FIBER WEAVE!!!
It's not about the money, it's about integrity, and the fact that honesty goeas a lot further than lying to make $100
let me clear some things up here. 1st off i sent you a pic of the exhaust and if you wanted to see more pics i wouldve been gladely to sent you some more but you didnt ask and i even told you if you needed more pics to let me no and you ask for a tracking no# and i supplied that to you, hell i even appologize to you about the shipping even tho that wasnt my fault and like i said during the emails consider what i paid for the exhaust new and wat you paid for ship to you i say that was a fair deal. i dont no what you was expectin for a 100 bucks i guess a new exhaust but ive seen worst exhaust on here go for more $$$ than what you paid. and post a pic of the exhaust in same condition you received it and let people see it for them selfs and be the judge but before you come on here tryin to bash someone you need look at your self because your the POS Dbag your self and if i new you was going to be a Douch Bag like you being i wouldve never message you in the 1st place.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
The fact is, you lied. Regardless of how much you think it was a good deal. You neglected to be honest about the item you were selling. Then you come here and fail to realize that, instead focusing on the shipping and the price paid and sling shit back at the OP. That IMO helps reinforce the OPs opinion on your character.

If it was such a great deal at $100, then why don't your offer him his money back?

·
Registered
393 Posts
the fact is, you lied. Regardless of how much you think it was a good deal. You neglected to be honest about the item you were selling. Then you come here and fail to realize that, instead focusing on the shipping and the price paid and sling shit back at the op. That imo helps reinforce the ops opinion on your character.

If it was such a great deal at $100, then why don't your offer him his money back?
:+1:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
let me clear some things up here. 1st off i sent you a pic of the exhaust and if you wanted to see more pics i wouldve been gladely to sent you some more but you didnt ask and i even told you if you needed more pics to let me no and you ask for a tracking no# and i supplied that to you, hell i even appologize to you about the shipping even tho that wasnt my fault and like i said during the emails consider what i paid for the exhaust new and wat you paid for ship to you i say that was a fair deal. i dont no what you was expectin for a 100 bucks i guess a new exhaust but ive seen worst exhaust on here go for more $$$ than what you paid. and post a pic of the exhaust in same condition you received it and let people see it for them selfs and be the judge but before you come on here tryin to bash someone you need look at your self because your the POS Dbag your self and if i new you was going to be a Douch Bag like you being i wouldve never message you in the 1st place.
Way to put it on him, its quite obvious you're a dishonest perdon. Doesn't matter if it was sold for 10.00, you told him it was in near perfect condition by your 9/10 scale, a crack in the can is a bit more of a flaw than light wear scuffs. Your reply just sealed it.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.