Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10.98 @ 128 was my best... 03 ZX-9 with slip-on otherwise stock, I weigh 200lbs. What can i do to go faster, besides improving my 60fts...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
TWIST THE THROTTLE!!!! stop being scared of it and go. if you think you have given it all you got, give it more. no just messing with you bro. i have a 02 zx9 and weigh 225. mine has been regeared -1/+2, rs3 slip on, i have yet to bring it to a real track but i do race alot on some straights we got here and i get to the top real quick. so i would follow madnessracing saguesstions. good luck

·
Registered
322 Posts
seems like anyone doing anyone doing anytype of dragging....dropping a tooth in the front should be step #1 for any serious racer. maybe stretching it also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go with a 998 kit you want regret it, my old 99 zx9 went 5.80's at 123 at 61 inches with 998kit, stock head , stock carbs jetted, stock cam, muzzy pipe, u4 fuel at 61 inches.Had mid 140's 60 ft, later on had AdamsPeformance in N.C. put me in carrilo rods,6 mil stroker crank and a 60 shot of nos. The bike went 5.60's at 130 mph in the 1/8. Also had Marchesini wheels.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went back Friday night, strapped only difference: 10.85 and 10.86, only 2 passes, track was packed...Put a 15 tooth front sprocket on yesterday, will go to the track this week, next week timing advancer...I am really happy with this bike, runs well for only 899 cc's and stock (comfortable too!!)

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
If you want to go fast don't listen to madness

·
Registered
318 Posts
With a MPH of 128 i think you could get into the 10.40 range depending on your 330 time. Practice is the only thing that you need to get there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ran 129 on both passes friday...I'll take advice from anyone...60fts were 1.93 and 1.94, 105.5 and 106.01 mph in the eighth.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That bike ispicking up decent back half for your weight and what it is. Try a little more rpm and longe clutch slip at launch...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
When I first was trying out Drag Racing I was on a 1999 ZX9R. The only Mods was Full Muzzy Exhaust, Factory Jet kit I installed myself no tune, Stock height and Stock Wheelbase, Stock Gearing and probably weighed about 190-200lbs suited back then.

It’s ok if you guys laugh at my time LOL but I did 11.3s BUT trapped @ 138.8mph. :cool:

Shows you with just a few bolt-ons how strong a ZX9R is :thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I first was trying out Drag Racing I was on a 1999 ZX9R. The only Mods was Full Muzzy Exhaust, Factory Jet kit I installed myself no tune, Stock height and Stock Wheelbase, Stock Gearing and probably weighed about 190-200lbs suited back then.

It’s ok if you guys laugh at my time LOL but I did 11.3s BUT trapped @ 138.8mph. :cool:

Shows you with just a few bolt-ons how strong a ZX9R is :thumbsup:

Seems about 3-4mph more than it would get down here. Never seen a 9R without a bigbore kit or N2O trap that around here... Good mph...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So is it possible/probable for me to run high nines(even 9.99) @ mid 130s with full bolt-ons (full exhaust, jet kit etc) without stretching the bike? Thanks for all your help!!!:dontknow:

·
Registered
318 Posts
So is it possible/probable for me to run high nines(even 9.99) @ mid 130s with full bolt-ons (full exhaust, jet kit etc) without stretching the bike? Thanks for all your help!!!:dontknow:

Maybe with Rickey G riding it... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How quick could a 1995 ZX-11 run with a full MUZZY exhaust, Factory jet kit, K&N filter, and -1,+2 gearing(16/47) with a 170 pound SUITED rider?....Mph more importantly!???? ET with say a 1.75 60'...I have ran a 1.83 on a stock height and length 1995 CBR 600 F3...Any HARDER and it SPUN the tire!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts