Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tring to find out if some extensions for a 2000 zx9 will work on a 98 zx9 ???
If not who sell them for a 98 zx9 thanks Tone.....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told they wont work, but im not sure im looking for some need them yesterday money ready.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The only thing I know is the 98/99 was the fastest ZX9R. :wink:...but I rode the 2000 and seen it's diffs, most was body work and some carb changes, I hope you get an exact answer but really don't think there is a diff.:headshake :dontknow:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Also, this thread needs to be moved to the ZX9R Section....sorry it's not related in this forum.
bloo

·
Registered
43 Posts
The only thing I know is the 98/99 was the fastest ZX9R. :wink:...but I rode the 2000 and seen it's diffs, most was body work and some carb changes, I hope you get an exact answer but really don't think there is a diff.:headshake :dontknow:

bloo

actually....i think the 2000 and up zx-9 made a little more power.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
actually....i think the 2000 and up zx-9 made a little more power.
I was just kidding in what is the fastest I believe they are just about the same if not equal but followed these bikes for awhile and can say the original 98/99 9R always was above 130hp while the next later ones at times would hit in the high to mid 120hp in some tests..maybe new emissions :dontknow:…..what I do know is the 98/99 model was the first ever mass produced bike to be on the front cover of a Mag as the “Worlds First 9s” bike(before the Busa came out) and definitely not lower in HP maybe the new ones had better ram air I saw one test it hitting 173mph the first 9rs hit 171mph but I got to say It hit it quik stock....no speedohealer required in that gauge. :headshake :badteeth::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im tring to find out if some extensions for a 2000 zx9 will work on a 98 zx9 ???
If not who sell them for a 98 zx9 thanks Tone.....
just to let every body know the extension will work just need to do alittle work on the extension.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts