Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions of Kawi's new ZX-14R.
I'm not sure what to think of this beast. :dontknow: What do you guys think.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like it. I'm not into drag racing... I'm trading in my ZX-9R next spring for a ZX-10R for something lighter and less porky. If I wasn't into racing (on the track) and knee draggin I'd prolly get a ZX-14. Prolly in the black though. It will be interesting to see the public reaction to it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I dont really care for the look. Yeah im sure they are fast as hell....but still. The pic i saw reminded me of the old zx-11's. Just my opinion....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Looks too much like an old RF900 Suzuki to me. And it's only a ZX-14, not an "R" bike.

Hmmm well a busa is a gsx and not a gsxr and it stood up top for a few years.... :wink: It's no Canyon carver (pardon the pun) but It'll still be a good ride Im sure.

·
Registered
967 Posts
busaforhire said:
Hmmm well a busa is a gsx and not a gsxr and it stood up top for a few years.... :wink: It's no Canyon carver (pardon the pun) but It'll still be a good ride Im sure.
:dontknow: HMMM now that you mention it, the sportbikes are listed as GSX-R (and what ever the size is). The Busa is listed as GSX1300R with the R at the end. What's the deal with this? Anyone know (besides the obvious difference of the smaller track oriented bikes opposed to the bigger touring ready monster)? BFH??

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
AFMEDIC said:
:dontknow: HMMM now that you mention it, the sportbikes are listed as GSX-R (and what ever the size is). The Busa is listed as GSX1300R with the R at the end. What's the deal with this? Anyone know (besides the obvious difference of the smaller track oriented bikes opposed to the bigger touring ready monster)? BFH??

AFMEDIC

well the Busa was never a race bike so it didn't have the GSX-R nameplate.
like you said it's GSX1300R they call it a GT (grand tourer) bike..
thats all there is to the deal as far as I know. think of it as the busa replacing the 1100 katana from way back and the gsxr1000 replacing the gsxr1100.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I went and talked to the dealer yesterday about the 14r and they said its supposed to put down 200 hp. Kaw wants it to be the baddest, fastest bike on the strip. The brochure had it on the strip doing a burnout.

·
Registered
967 Posts
busaforhire said:
well the Busa was never a race bike so it didn't have the GSX-R nameplate.
like you said it's GSX1300R they call it a GT (grand tourer) bike..
thats all there is to the deal as far as I know. think of it as the busa replacing the 1100 katana from way back and the gsxr1000 replacing the gsxr1100.
Makes sense, in a weird way I guess. The Busa still has all the same letters, they are just seperated by the engine size, as opposed to being followed by the engine size, like the race bikes. Oh well, i'll see if the local shop here has any idea. It's not a big deal but I know it's one of those things that'll always be in the back of my head until I find out the reasoning :rolleyes:

Thanks BFH

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
:+1: :iamwithst

·
Registered
591 Posts
it's fucking hideous. i was at the kawi meet in orlando and it's attrocious. it looks like something resurrected from 1994. the headlights look like a spider. the whole thing is just nasty. nothing flows very well in the looks department. and it's not like they tried something new and edgy and failed...no no, they grabbed all of the failed looks from a decade ago and threw them all on one bike.

it'll be a busa killer though. heh

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Gixxer Vixxen said:
it's fucking hideous. i was at the kawi meet in orlando and it's attrocious. it looks like something resurrected from 1994. the headlights look like a spider. the whole thing is just nasty. nothing flows very well in the looks department. and it's not like they tried something new and edgy and failed...no no, they grabbed all of the failed looks from a decade ago and threw them all on one bike.

Damn it sounds a lot like the 2000 zx-12... :mrgreen:
yea maybe they will put the definitive nail in the coffin this time in the Suzuki vs. kawi race for top dog.. Of course the Busa is rumored to be changed for 06 too so who knows..

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Gixxer Vixxen said:

Glad ya like it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I went and talked to the dealer yesterday about the 14r and they said its supposed to put down 200 hp. Kaw wants it to be the baddest, fastest bike on the strip. The brochure had it on the strip doing a burnout.

the dealer was feeding you a line of horseshit. it won't be that much at hte wheel. MAAAAAAYBE at the crank, but no way will it have 200 at the tire.

look for about 185ish at the tire. maybe a bit more, but don't be surprized if it's not. we're talking real world numbers here.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Gixxer Vixxen said:
the dealer was feeding you a line of horseshit. it won't be that much at hte wheel. MAAAAAAYBE at the crank, but no way will it have 200 at the tire.

look for about 185ish at the tire. maybe a bit more, but don't be surprized if it's not. we're talking real world numbers here.

yea I agree.. the zx-12 would make some good dyno numbers with just a pipe and pc. (175 isn't uncommon) so I can see this zx14 making somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 or so stock..

·
Registered
591 Posts
busaforhire said:
Damn it sounds a lot like the 2000 zx-12... :mrgreen:
yea maybe they will put the definitive nail in the coffin this time in the Suzuki vs. kawi race for top dog.. Of course the Busa is rumored to be changed for 06 too so who knows..

oh the 14 will kick a busa up and down the track all day. but i agree, 06/07 will bring changes for the busa. i'm going ot the zook dealer meet monday, so i'll see what they have to say :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
hehe, but of an actual 14? i'd be willing to bet there isn't a pic of a gixxer rider sitting on one giving yall the finger ;) :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts