Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK, I know it's the ZX-10R forum, but I need a suggestion on my 2008 ZX-14. I would like to improve the performance of the rear brake. Suggestions? New rotor, calipers...what? If so, brand recommendations? Use will be primarily street with occasional trips to the track (not dragstrip). Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Black Stig

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
honestly most books and instructors will tell you to decrease the perfomance of your rear brake. Since it handles so little of the braking power but is very useful for minor track corrections you dont want to make it more responsive like a steel braided line but you wanna make it less likely to lock up during use.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly most books and instructors will tell you to decrease the perfomance of your rear brake. Since it handles so little of the braking power but is very useful for minor track corrections you dont want to make it more responsive like a steel braided line but you wanna make it less likely to lock up during use.

Now that is a point I had not considered. Thanks.

Black Stig

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Rear ABS will be the only safe mod if one exists. Wouldn't want that rear locking up. Keep the shiny side up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts