Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends bought an 07 ZX-14. It baselined at 153 hp. He took the secondary throttle plates out, put on a Brock's sidewinder system and a BMC race filter and it put down 173 hp. He took it to the track on saturday where our sponsor rode it. He and I raced 3 times. I would get him out of the hole, but it would just drive around me until it was about 2 bikes out in front of me. I was very impressed. This was the first time my sponsor had ridden this bike and he was already kicking the crap out of me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
what kind of #s did it run ??? a friend of mine came to the 1/8 this weekend and ran a 6.44 w/strap and pipe only i thought that was pretty good

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I just bought an 08 14 and love it. Only have 90 miles on it so......

Anyway...I read an article where Ricky G was instructing the journo to launch at 4 grand, and he STILL threw down low 10's in the 140's. Pretty respectable I'd think. :eek:ccasion1

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
whats this shit, your not going to post up times?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's what an extra 350cc will do for you.

Check out the thrust in gear charts from Sport Rider.

In second gear, the big bore bikes make as much force at the wheel as the literbikes in first gear.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What I saw was 102 ft pounds of torque for the 14 pretty low on the rev range. As I recall the 10 puts out in the 70's. I don't get all jazzed up about numbers (in fact I THINK I would be happy with the 14 if it had waaaay less power but again, I only have 90 miles on it), when I see obscene numbers like these..I just kinda look in awe. ALL these bikes are unbelievable from every angle.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
That's what an extra 350cc will do for you.

Check out the thrust in gear charts from Sport Rider.

In second gear, the big bore bikes make as much force at the wheel as the literbikes in first gear.
It's just too bad they come from the factory with an extra 100 pounds.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Those 14's and the Gen 2 Busa's are getting it done. Same ET's / MPH's as my Gen 1 1397cc Busa was doing...

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's just too bad they come from the factory with an extra 100 pounds.
We ran .28's at Willow on one with just Dunlop Qualifiers. I've also had it at the Streets Of Willow. For a big bike, the thing turns and transitions very very well, and the long wheelbase lets you get on the gas off the corners pretty quickly, and you're WFO before you'd be on a liter bike.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
We ran .28's at Willow on one with just Dunlop Qualifiers. I've also had it at the Streets Of Willow. For a big bike, the thing turns and transitions very very well, and the long wheelbase lets you get on the gas off the corners pretty quickly, and you're WFO before you'd be on a liter bike.
On the street...I have yet to notice it FEELING 100 pounds heavier at all. It carries it's weight well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts