Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of internet (and soul) searching, I finally broke down and bought a set of ZX-14 calipers from ebay ($300). Should arrive next week. One good aspect (of the many) about Hawaii, riding season is year round and I can try them as soon as I install it. One bad thing (of the few), you have to order almost everything you want for the motorcycle, especially Kawasaki, and it takes about a week. Suzuki owns the market here.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got everything except the reservoir.

·
Registered
97 Posts
sounds great

would love the same setup at the front but in Cyprus its very hard to get your hands on such parts. you have to order from abroad and it just costs too much.

let us know how it feels after installation

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll post how the new calipers feel once I get them. The system will be here on Friday. I guess I have some work for next weekend. My wife can't complaint, I've been a babysiter for the last three weekends, no riding time.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Congrats on the buy, it makes a very noticable difference in everyway on the bike...even more noticable than stainless brakelines.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Congrats,
I was looking for a set but decieded not to after i felt the way the 14 stopped with them, i couldnt imagine the stopping power on a lil ole 10.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got the 14 calipers with the 14 m/c, I don't think there's any difference with the m/c. The brakes give a lot of confidence now, even using oem pads they pull the bike up quickly and without a lot of effort. I do have a set of 14 rotors ready to fit, but that's just for show really, although a bit more braking wouldn't go amiss.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the 14 calipers with the 14 m/c, I don't think there's any difference with the m/c. The brakes give a lot of confidence now, even using oem pads they pull the bike up quickly and without a lot of effort. I do have a set of 14 rotors ready to fit, but that's just for show really, although a bit more braking wouldn't go amiss.
Is it a direct bolt on for 14 calipers and rotors, or do you have to shim the calipers for spacing???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Calipers are a straight swap, the hydraulic mount is higher than stock so you'll gain a little more free play in the brake lines. The rotors are a straight swap, but you'll need 5mm spacers to push the calipers outwards from the fork, and 5mm longer caliper bolts to suit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts