Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a ZX-14 radial m/c and stainless brakes lines on my 04 and having some difficulty. The brakes lines are Galfer 06-07 ZX-10. I'm having some clearance issues where the stainless lines mount to the cylinder and the throttle cable routing. The lines and banjo bolt are putting pressure against the throttle cables - I can't seem to figure out a way to properly route either. Can anyone who has done this conversion help a brotha out? Maybe a pic of your set-up?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the problem area. As you can see the banjo bolt is right against the throttle cables.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Remove the banjos, loosen the 2 screws in the throttle housing, it rotates just enuff. You'll also need to rotate the MC/lever until you get clearance. Or if you don't want to remove the banjos if you've already bled, remove the throttle housing and repostion the housing and MC.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even have fluid in the system yet. I'll go try your idea. Oh yeah congrats on your 2,000th post.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Looking at the pic I don't see any problems though, as long as the throttle cable doesn't cause the bike to raise RPM when turned lock to lock it shgould be ok.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the pic I don't see any problems though, as long as the throttle cable doesn't cause the bike to raise RPM when turned lock to lock it shgould be ok.
It just puts just enough pressure on the cables and the throttle doesn't snap back real quick.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Well that could be a problem fo'sho. Keep us updated, it will work, just requires a bit of adjustment trial and eror, I have the Brembo so pics probly won't help ya.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went out and did a little loosening and moving like you said - now it fits fine with no throttle binding. I feel like a retard cause I moved every way EXCEPT the way you described. Thanks - rep sent. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Dang coppers anyway..:rolleyes: It takes some fiddlin and improvising with routes and such to get a happy setup but whatever ya do don't call 9520G.............:helmet:

BD

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you have the cables reversed. you need to swap the one on the bottom to the top and put the one with more of a bend on the bottom.
Just did that and it fits perfect now.

Now I just gotta paint those dang calipers!

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
:thumbsup: Fack, just realized I passed 2k.:postwhore

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why paint em? Bad finish?
They are in great shape but I found ceramic paint that matches the factory color so I'm gonna put a fresh coat on them and also paint the rear caliper to match.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Glad to see everything turned out OK....

I don't remember but I saw a while back a brake fluid that had a hint of blue tint...maybe that would be nice too :lol:

BTW I love blue too... it's my first bike that's not blue... (I convince myself that green is a mix of blue and yellow...that's why I bought it)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Glad to see everything turned out OK....

I don't remember but I saw a while back a brake fluid that had a hint of blue tint...maybe that would be nice too :lol:

BTW I love blue too... it's my first bike that's not blue... (I convince myself that green is a mix of blue and yellow...that's why I bought it)
that would be ATE Super Blue, good stuff but Motul RBF600 is better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts