Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Kawasaki parts catalogue says the ZX-10RR rear hub and sprocket are the same as the standard R version. Can anyone confirm this because I'm trying to buy a set of Marchesni wheels for my R but don't want to buy a whole new gear set. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, and they don't know. They said it's the same wheel they sale but couldn't tell me for sure if the carrier was exactly the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought they would be lighter which is the only reason I was going with them. I just bought another set of stock wheels though. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yeah, brake discs are different part numbers between RR and R. And as far as I know, the RR wheels are not lighter than R wheels. So it's purely an aesthetic thing. They do look great though.

The Ninja ZX-10RR runs forged aluminum seven-spoke Marchesini wheels, with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP rubber.
Are the Marchesini wheels built so the weight of the wheel are toward the center of the wheel for less gyro?Are they suposed to be 25% lighter and stiffer than stocker anyways? I am confused? You talked to the wrong folks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
The Ninja ZX-10RR runs forged aluminum seven-spoke Marchesini wheels, with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP rubber.
Are the Marchesini wheels built so the weight of the wheel are toward the center of the wheel for less gyro?Are they suposed to be 25% lighter and stiffer than stocker anyways? I am confused? You talked to the wrong folks!
I wonder if there's a weight difference between the RR Marchesinis and the aftermarket ones. The RR wheels have smooth spokes while aftermarkets have some definition in them. The aftermarkets are most certainly lighter than OEM R wheels--but how much depends on the alloy. Magnesium are probably lighter than Forged aluminium. The RR wheels are Forged Aluminium but are they the same? I have asked a few people and I keep getting different answers. Some say RR wheels are a few pounds heavier and other say they're on part with R wheels. I wish there was something more official on this. The only thing that's confirmed is the better weight distribution of the RR wheels and they look dank as fuck.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Placeholder for this info for future questions. Please add additional or note any incorrect info.

1) The OEM zx10RR rear hub accepts a Kawasaki oem sprocket. The aftermarket marchesini hub accepts a marchesini sprocket.
Confirmed.

2) The OEM Zx10rr front brake rotors are different part numbers than the standard R model. (different offset, by about 8.5mm )

3) OEM Marchesini wheel front wheel with discs: 16.2lbs rear wheel w/ cush no sprocket 18.2 lbs.

4) to fit Gen 4 wheels on Gen 5, a. 8.5mm disc spacer is required. When you see notes for spacers, thats usually to move the caliper out for a lrger diamter rotor. (310-320 or 320-330)

What is the dimension between disc mounting surfaces on the R, vs the OEM RR, vs standard marchesini? See my post below.

Note that Brembo has specific discs for the RR. The RR brake disc carriers are dished, the Marchesinin wheel is narrower than the OEM GenV R wheel. Does that make the Marchesini the same width as the Gen 4 wheel? Maybe. doesnt matter as there are no 330mm brake rotors for the Gen4 wheel. Can Gen5 330mm brake rotors fit the older wheels? possibly

I am sooo curious!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Update. OEM ZX10RR and SE brake rotors.
I Found the Brembo spec drawings on the OPPRacing website.
They list the distance between the mounting face of the disc hat (carrier) to the middle of the rotor itself as 12.8mm.
The face also has the mounting pad recessed 1.5mm. The rotor is 5.5mm, so the offset is right at 8.55mm.
So those looking for 5mm spacers are not correct.
I dont have specs for the non RR discs (yet) but I suspect that they have the same 1.5mm recess, and are therefore 10mm offset from the RR. When I get my nonRR discs Ill add their info here for completeness.

Gen5 discs are 330mm
Gen 1- Gen4 are 310 - (320 oversize are available) and have a 2.75mm offset

News you can use.

·
Registered
714 Posts
So the Kawasaki parts catalogue says the ZX-10RR rear hub and sprocket are the same as the standard R version. Can anyone confirm this because I'm trying to buy a set of Marchesni wheels for my R but don't want to buy a whole new gear set. Thanks.
Conformed. This is correct. The RR OEM hub is different than the standard Marchesini wheel hub.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts