Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

321 - 340 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
well done.. couldnt of been put into words any better than this.. its like a zx10r bible..
everything youve said is true and to the point with a couple of sentences..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's how to fix the problem of your ZX10R bogging down below 5K? Open the airbox and remove your secondary's. This will allow your bike to run hard out the gate and not bog down until u hit 5 or 6k. All you need is a screwdriver to do this. Make sure you heat the tip of the screw driver before attempting to remove screws holding secondary's in place. The heat will undue the lock-tight or whatever they used on the screws to ensure they didn't come a loose. If you dont do it this way you run the risk of stripping the screws. the next time you hit the throttle ensure your ready for a hard charge off the line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
One question, does anyone know what the factory spring rate is on 2007 zx-10. I looked up on race tech and it said stock was 1.00, i did the calculator for my weight and it said 1.018 and to choose the closet to that, they have .90, .95, 1.00, 1.10 and then 1.20. I bought the 1.10 because i thought i would be safe. The fron:iamwithstt has felt soft since i have had the bike, 2000 miles on it when i got it so i doubt the springs were changed. Does this sound like i am going to aggressive? I could drag knee on the street with my gixxer 600 but this zx feels very unstable wobbles around corners, had to run 36 psi just to handle ok, and thats no fun when you want to pull up the front and it just roast the back tire instead!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also wanted to add, i hear alot about the front brakes on the gen 2, i believe i got a gen 1 front master cylinder by accident for cheap thou, one part was facing the wrong direction but it still worked and was ten times better than the one the bike came with, my stock one was black the one i got was bronze, i was pulling some endos before my fork started leaking.

·
Registered
672 Posts
One question, does anyone know what the factory spring rate is on 2007 zx-10. I looked up on race tech and it said stock was 1.00, i did the calculator for my weight and it said 1.018 and to choose the closet to that, they have .90, .95, 1.00, 1.10 and then 1.20. I bought the 1.10 because i thought i would be safe. The fron:iamwithstt has felt soft since i have had the bike, 2000 miles on it when i got it so i doubt the springs were changed. Does this sound like i am going to aggressive? I could drag knee on the street with my gixxer 600 but this zx feels very unstable wobbles around corners, had to run 36 psi just to handle ok, and thats no fun when you want to pull up the front and it just roast the back tire instead!

I have the same issues with mine, I have not gotten the spring as of yet, to switch out. Let me know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone on here beside me , having any issues with the 2011 zx10r not starting after fueling up !! 2 times this has happened to me!!

321 - 340 of 353 Posts