Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows the exact differences between the 2017 zx-10R krt and 2017 zx-10RR besides the marchesini wheels, 24 degrees on krt, 23.5 on RR and stock up/down feature on RR?

I mean, if we install the race harness & ecu & camshafts, are there any real differences?

I'm really curious to find out.

Thx!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lifters, reinforced block and a few other engine changes for durability and strength

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows the exact differences between the 2017 zx-10R krt and 2017 zx-10RR besides the marchesini wheels, 24 degrees on krt, 23.5 on RR and stock up/down feature on RR?

I mean, if we install the race harness & ecu & camshafts, are there any real differences?

I'm really curious to find out.

Thx!

Stock vs stock there's no real difference other then the autoblipper. The rims look alright but same weight as std R and pricey to replace.

With a flashed R you'll have the same power as the RR and also autoblipper, so to be honest if I had known the wheels were so heavy I would have never paid the extra for the RR.

The RR gives the option to run higher lift cams that's about it but if u have no plan to modify the engine then the RR is pointless.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys!

I assume the standard engine runs in race mode for 10.000KM before rebuild? And RR engine maybe a little more?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean by higher lift cams? Increase engine speed?
As R is 13.600 but via race ecu should be possible to increase speed. Right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
What do you mean by higher lift cams? Increase engine speed?

As R is 13.600 but via race ecu should be possible to increase speed. Right?

Race kit Camshaft, there's more room in the RR cylinder head to run Camshaft with higher lift (lobe size) 11mm vs 10.5mm on the intake but I'm not sure what the exhaust Camshaft differences are.

Both engines can be run at 14,200rpm with Race ECU.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts