Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All :hello:
I have not seen this topic here before so here goes.
My speedometer is not accurate it reads 5 MPH faster than I am going.
So I took the bike in to the dealer and thay told me that it was normal and they could not do anything about it.
Is this normal on most of the 10R's?
Can it be made more accurate?
Thanks
Rick :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,248 Posts
It's normal on all bikes, not just the ZX-10. That's why they invented the Speedohealer. You need to get one of those to correct the issue. Search on that and you'll find all kinds of info on the subject.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's normal on all bikes, not just the ZX-10. That's why they invented the Speedohealer. You need to get one of those to correct the issue. Search on that and you'll find all kinds of info on the subject.

:+1: easy fix with speedohealer

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Most factory bikes read 5-10% higher than they are actually going, I think the problem is even worse on 600cc bikes to make them seem faster.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think there's multiple reasons behind it, a kid on a bike thinks he's going 110 when it's really 90 to give the family he plows into a trace of hope at living.

It's also the culprit behind bikes that go "200 mph". It's also helps because I unknowingly will roll on the throttle a wee bit and before I know it I'm 10 mph over. If I go by a cop, the optimism saves my butt. There is some good, but it's not for everyone.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Speedohealers aren't bad but nothing is as good or as accurate as a gps unit so you decide etc...Good luck man!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts