Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
Just wanted to share the story and some pics from my ZX-10R -08 modification project.
People have been following the project on my website since i started but it´s in Swedish so i thought i´d try to translate it and
let everyone know what i´ve been doing in the garage this year :smile:

It all started during wintertime. I sold my streetbike last year and had only my racebike left.
Started to wonder if i'd miss the streets. Looked at my many sets of racefairings and decided to modify one set so i also could use the bike on the streets and quickly change back to racefairing when using it on the track.
At the same time i decided to seriously modify the fairings so the bike would get a different look from standard.
More slim and more the way i wanted Kawasaki to design it in the first place :wink:

I started off with a standard set of CRC/Works racing fairings.

Attachments

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut off the sides of the front fairing making it more narrow and slim.
I also cut up the front fairing and modified it with fiberglass to make it more round in the front.

Attachments

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made holes for the front lights and made tubes from fiberglass to fit around the lights.
Tested if they fit and used fiberglass filler to attach them to the front fairing, cut them off and used filler again
to make it even.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that looks like a lot of work, keep us posted

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Using fiberglass and filler again i started fixing the sides and checking if it would fit.
To get the modified fairing to fit i also had to remove the back part of the original frame and make a new one.

Attachments

·
Superbike Racer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Using a net i could shape the fiberglass rougly the way i wanted the fairing to look like. Then i used filler to design and smothen lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
not to bad, the front looks like a face esp the very first pic.. the tail section looks different thats for sure you have any pics of it from the rear ??? I think Id would have put the headlights more flush with the front fairing IMO, makes for a better look and cleaner... other than that looks like alot of work went into it... LOL ok seen the tail section pics now ... looks good I like the looks of it

1 - 20 of 119 Posts