Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people,
I found a lot of opinions on that topic and I am kind of confused. So, my problem is that my 06 zx10r bike has worn cams. Both of them are literally gone, so I have to replace them. It is very hard to find original cams for 06, but I found cams from 08 gen 3. That is the difference between them:
Stock from 06:
intake - 9.1mm lift, 300dur
exhaust - 8.5mm lift, 292 dur
Stock from 08:
intake - 9.7mm lift, 292dur
exhaust - 8.5mm lift, 280 dur
So do you think that the direct swap will work without any more modifications? And if it does, what will be the difference in performance if any?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
no mods necessary, check valve clereance. will pick up a little power, 08 ex cam however is 280 duration at measured lift, gen 2 ex cam is 292 as stated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mods necessary, check valve clereance. will pick up a little power, 08 ex cam however is 280 duration at measured lift, gen 2 ex cam is 292 as stated.
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are correct about the exhaust cam. It is a typo. What do you mean by check valve clearance? Do you think that it is possible the cams not to fit, because there is not enough valve clearence? I will try them out tomorrow anyway, but wantned to prepare myself if there are possible complications and the swap is not just plug & play.

·
Registered
322 Posts
cams should retain same valve clereance as gen 2 cams, if they were in spec. should be plug/play but wise ti check valve clereance at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts