Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much can I get...
2005, my only transportation... a little over 40k miles on engine(brother has a 04 750 gixxer with over 60k). Never needed the values adjusted. Just took it in to get check and still did not need adjustment. Don't ride hard. Don't rev over 4k for no reason. full synthetic motul since 1000k. Bike has been down. did wheelie it time to time. still have stock clutch. Did have a tiny fracture in the frame which was common for this one which I had fixed a long time ago and still no problems. Getting my forks serviced with Ohlins fork oil and oem seal, washers, etc....
04 black tank
06 wheels
06 forks, triple tree
06 front and rear calipers
06 tachometer which is directly into my 05 harness; have both 05/06 plugs connected (need speedo)
Walbro fuel bump
galfer ss smoked brake lines
bmc filter
Hid h9 hella headlamp( I have both projector and high beam lamp)
gilles rearsets
devil high mount (no sense changing stock Ti headers)
Carbon fiber body
ASV unbreakable shorty levers
puig DB screen

My pictures will go in order of how my bike looked; before then after.

Bike is inside YMCA basketball court; right in the middle!

Then I changed my bike into a flat fiberglass body...

Now it is all carbon fiber... headlight was made by me and my brother

·
Registered
102 Posts
you really want to sell this?? i would suggest parting it out.. its a very unique body work.. id buy a few parts off of you.. maybe even your body work..
but being you have so many miles on it, even though youv maintained the bike so well, id say 6500 tops. - dont you wish our bikes sold for what they were worth rather than what the market says they are?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
If you part out I got dibs on the Triple Tree....why you would sell only moments after all the work and Unique upgrades is beyond me......but what do I care as long as I have a chance to get my Triple. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Id be interested in the upper with headlight.

Also, how well does that headlight work?
:+1:Upper and headight and the ASV levers. Hell I had mine on here for sale with just 20k miles for 4500 and no one too it off m hands.:dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You may be able to squeze 7K out of it to the buyer that absoulutely has to have it, but realisticly I would say between 5500 and 6500, the fact is you just can't get back your investment back on modded bikes unless you part the whole thing out. I conceded that along time ago, if my bikes ever go they are getting parted out completely. Ask Respec99 about this, he chopped probably the nicest zx-10r in North America apart.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kinda want to get an 09 10. I love my bike and finally got it the way I always wanted, but starting to feel that its just getting a little old and I'm behind or something. I don't ride like before so I don't speed or anything. Just starting to really like the 09. Are the new 10's much better than the the 1st gen? Selling this is just an idea because I'm considering of getting the newer 10....

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
09' is a great bike I am sure....I want a newer bike as well...but I will be keeping the '04 I have until I die on it or until I ball it up! If anything maybe just buy the '09 and keep the '05 if it is possible? Just a thought.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to the dealer... looked, sat, and looked again at a black 09 10. Really didn't care for the mirrors... that was the first thing I noticed in person. Than as I walked around it, I did think it was nice. But to me, it wasn't anything too special. I did like things here and there, but it all came down to it just being a new bike. I left and came home. When it was time, I took my bike to work but stopped at the bank to cash some checks before. And when I came out and saw my bike... I felt something I haven't felt in sometime. True love toward my bike. It's like it was looking at me with its one eye. I've always said that I'd keep this one forever even if I were to get another. This was my first bike, my dream bike, and it's how I dreamed it to be. Thank you all for your time... But I think this one is a keeper.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Went to the dealer... looked, sat, and looked again at a black 09 10. Really didn't care for the mirrors... that was the first thing I noticed in person. Than as I walked around it, I did think it was nice. But to me, it wasn't anything too special. I did like things here and there, but it all came down to it just being a new bike. I left and came home. When it was time, I took my bike to work but stopped at the bank to cash some checks before. And when I came out and saw my bike... I felt something I haven't felt in sometime. True love toward my bike. It's like it was looking at me with its one eye. I've always said that I'd keep this one forever even if I were to get another. This was my first bike, my dream bike, and it's how I dreamed it to be. Thank you all for your time... But I think this one is a keeper.

yep, Newer is not always better it's in the eyes of the beholder as well and in your case a special Bond with the time spent in making it custom and special and for others it could be other reasons so overwhelming it's not worth it to upgrade. I think you made a good choice.:eek:ccasion1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts