Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have carpenter springs in an 05 zx-10. does anyone know if anybody else makes a good spring for this bike. what kind of seat pressure and open pressure should I have. cam is .395 lift? Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'd try to get carpenter to tell you. Haven't you had problems with your springs before? Or it seems like someone didn't get the right springs on here and had to get something else done with them because they weren't holding seat pressure. I know mine are super stiff but I didn't have a gauge to put on them.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd try to get carpenter to tell you. Haven't you had problems with your springs before? Or it seems like someone didn't get the right springs on here and had to get something else done with them because they weren't holding seat pressure. I know mine are super stiff but I didn't have a gauge to put on them.
yeah, I have carpenter springs installed them at 60-65 lbs and made 8 dyno pulls and about 75 miles on the street and the springs are down to 45lbs installed. beat the shit out of the stems on a second set of brand new ferrea valves. Called bob the first time this happened and he said only thing that would cause this would be valve float. sent us shims to get the pressure up. These springs are just giving up. Will talk to bob on monday to try to get pressure specs with valve open.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Man I hate you are having problems. Although I haven't checked mine lately, when I did have my motor apart (after about 700 miles) they seemed stiff as a brick.

·
Registered
819 Posts
They are having MAJOR issues with there springs, installed seat pressure is 60 and then after 9 dyno pulls they started to float, all a sudden they are down to 40..... go figure...... I called him today they released a new set of springs they are supposed to fix that issue. Maybe they should have done their HW first

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are having MAJOR issues with there springs, installed seat pressure is 60 and then after 9 dyno pulls they started to float, all a sudden they are down to 40..... go figure...... I called him today they released a new set of springs they are supposed to fix that issue. Maybe they should have done their HW first
Yeah, and who is paying for there lack of homework? we are. two sets of valves and $300+ in springs. so far. Dwayne at Cycle Concepts is working on this as we speak. I think we found something that will work if so Dwayne will keep you guys posted. I will let you know.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Orient express. They work well for me and I looked at carpenter first. In my opinion the orient express springs are better. They have more strength.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeap,, Dwayne is the man!!!! PERIOD!!!!!:thumbsup: I sent my head down to him so he could do some "testing" on a second gen head.:thumbsup: I hope what hes workin on works,, he is good peps

·
Registered
819 Posts
ALOT, of boost needs more seat pressure,,, the kawi springs are just for alittle more lift on a cam,,, two different applications,, two different springs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts