Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mod for mod what do you guys think do better gsxr or zx10.. I am looking at buying a new bike and Im considering a 04 zx-10.. my roomate had an 06 with race baffles and one tooth down in the front and he pulled my full system, power comander, one tooth down 05 cbr1000rr like it was a little bitch! I also really like the gsxr..
are they really comparable.. I just want a nice bike that will lay down some nice numbers.. they both beat my old 1000rr in the power and clutch department.. what do you think the best all around would be?
thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Ask Ruthless he just purchased an k7 gixxer and is laying down faster times his first time out than he did on his zx10r... he's got good info...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
if you want a zx10 04 for dragracing let me know im selling mine.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Well I have an 04 and all that I really use it for anymore is dragracing. I love it and have ridden alot of bikes on the strip and street. I wouldn't give it up for any of em either. However if I had the opportunity to pick up an 07GSXR1K
I would mainly becasuse it is going to have a much larger aftermarket following than the 10 does and ever will. But I still love my 10. And it's nice to have a bad ass 10r crack a zuk's ass on the strip, Cause regardless of what bike you get it's mostly about the rider.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mod for mod what do you guys think do better gsxr or zx10.. I am looking at buying a new bike and Im considering a 04 zx-10.. my roomate had an 06 with race baffles and one tooth down in the front and he pulled my full system, power comander, one tooth down 05 cbr1000rr like it was a little bitch! I also really like the gsxr..
are they really comparable.. I just want a nice bike that will lay down some nice numbers.. they both beat my old 1000rr in the power and clutch department.. what do you think the best all around would be?
thanks
I go to the track all the time and from my observation the gixxer is the better track bike. I love the 10 but it just doesn't have the torque to holeshot like those gixxers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How does the 04 r1 come in.. mod for mod comparable? Or are the zx and the gsx on a whole new level? my buddy has a 04 r1 with full titanium akrapovic system, commander, filter, and under 2k miles for sale for 7k.. seemed like a really good deal just have not really seen any r1s at the drag strip...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Don't forget that most of drag racing ET is rider skill. The 10 and Gixxer are so close, any head-to-head would be determined by the rider. -Dean

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't forget that most of drag racing ET is rider skill. The 10 and Gixxer are so close, any head-to-head would be determined by the rider. -Dean

10-4 on that, I suck off the line. My times are 11.0 @ 136 mph 2.0 60' :crackup: I know it should be well in the 10's with a better driver. Though I like more street driving

Akro slip
TRE
BMC Filter
USB III

·
Registered
99 Posts
How does the 04 r1 come in.. mod for mod comparable? Or are the zx and the gsx on a whole new level? my buddy has a 04 r1 with full titanium akrapovic system, commander, filter, and under 2k miles for sale for 7k.. seemed like a really good deal just have not really seen any r1s at the drag strip...
04 R1 has power, but its not best platform for dragracing.. i run one.. so i know. there are not that many at dragstrip. they have little TQ down low and that hurts 60 fts and 330s which get u better ETs. it has poor clutch steels...which retail for like $2..when rest of bikes plates are like $7-8... and thats all there worth. u cant hot lap bike more than 1-2 passes without letting them cool for about 20 minutes or steels will warp. they can be made to run well.. but its not as easy to go fast on it than gsxrs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts