Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so who here is dragging a zx 10 with a stock wheelbase and just front straps with the stock rear height, thats finished in the top 6 at their local track. no bs here. i wanna know how bad it is to run consistant on a 55 " machine with no swingarm or rear lowering mods. i`m collecting some stats here...i know theres some pro`s out there that can race anything within .03 that has two wheels. allright how many folks are in the points program with that same set up that are OUT of the top 10????

·
Registered
383 Posts
I go anywhere between 9.82 and 9.86 every single pass. just a strap up front and slipped through the forks 05 ZX10 w/ 10000 miles

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
well no motor mods just full pipe,power commander,straped stock wheel base,but im -1 up front all day i hate it but 10.50s good past 10.40s not all the way stock just the stuff i told you hope it help some.

·
Registered
344 Posts
only raced once with it at stk height and straped luckaly i wan that race(slow like 6.9)
(dragbike in final red lite ) just my oppinion i think its easier to bracket a slower bike then a quick one

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I'm certainly no pro, but I can keep it pretty consistant with mine. Mind you, I'm up at SIR (3125ft... usually showing more than 5200 density-wise), but I'm running stock exhaust, wheelbase, and ride height at both ends (up a little in the back, actually... like 15-20mm). As long as I'm not trying to go faster, I can settle into a 10.30-10.35 grove I can stay with all night long. My only cheat is a PC3 and a DJ quickshifter, which I have set to engage at my shift point... just preload the shifter every gear and let it do the work. I find launching to be consistant, but I'm not hitting it as hard as I can, either. High 1.7's and low 1.8's are easy, predictable, and consistant. Up there, I didn't have to go all that fast to hang out in the gamblers for a few rounds (a lot of the wheelie bar V-twins were in the 11's up there... slow track).... just pound the tree and try to stay out of the red light. I've made up for some sloppy times with good lights more than once. :) anything better than the .020 range in the RT department will keep 'em sweating a bit. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
strech it and be done, no wheelies or anything just goes 6.05-6.08 is the best it stayed together at one race. Atlanta Dragway track champ here

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Being consistent on any SWB bike takes lots of practice. If you are going to bracket race, buy some extentions and a good tire.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts