Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,018 Posts
Did you catch this statistic?

"Silence of Hybrids, Electrics Pose Risk to Cyclists, Pedestrians
As speeds under 35 mph NHTSA contends hybrids and EVs pose a 37 percent greater risk of hitting an unaware pedestrian and 66 percent greater chance of colliding with cyclist."

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
did you catch this statistic?

"silence of hybrids, electrics pose risk to cyclists, pedestrians
as speeds under 35 mph nhtsa contends hybrids and evs pose a 37 percent greater risk of hitting an unaware pedestrian and 66 percent greater chance of colliding with cyclist."
damn!

·
Registered
235 Posts
yea. all you hear is the chain going round. everyone else hears nothing. I have a 5 mile commute to work so I'd like to consider one too. along with an electric car. then convince the office to install a charging station that i could charge for free at.

have you checked out Brammo Motorsport's Empulse?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
yea. all you hear is the chain going round. everyone else hears nothing. I have a 5 mile commute to work so I'd like to consider one too. along with an electric car. then convince the office to install a charging station that i could charge for free at.

have you checked out Brammo Motorsport's Empulse?
only 5mi??? thats nothing! keep using the petrol

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts

As speeds under 35 mph NHTSA contends hybrids and EVs pose a 37 percent greater risk of hitting an unaware pedestrian and 66 percent greater chance of colliding with cyclist."
Yeah, I've heard that statistic before (<-- Pun intended :wink:). I think the next step in electric vehicle production is gonna be external speakers to produce an artificial exhaust tone.

At the very least, I'd put playing cards in the spokes if I owned an electric motorcycle. :badteeth: LOVED doing that as a kid!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Yeah, I've heard that statistic before (<-- Pun intended :wink:). I think the next step in electric vehicle production is gonna be external speakers to produce an artificial exhaust tone.

At the very least, I'd put playing cards in the spokes if I owned an electric motorcycle. :badteeth: LOVED doing that as a kid!
:lol::lol:
Thanks for the laugh.
Hot as hell at work right now and needed that.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They already make the speakers, they used one pimp my ride it had several car sounds and it was linked to the revs somehow

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
JLG, wtf is that? A giant rideable light switch?

Serious though, all of this looks pretty awesome. Id like to see realworld application though. Ive definently heard the statistic before about electric vehicles. In fairness, people should also pay fucking attention and you could probably cut that number in half. It is indeed a step in the right direction though, like what we need to see.

·
Registered
230 Posts

They would have to change the "loud pipes saves lives" to "quiet bikes take lives"

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
if they are putting speakers on it why limit it engine sounds. how about gun shots slow maybe random pistol shot that advances to machine gun at full tilt, electric vans with ice cream truck music, or just music a electric pickup that plays dixie for an exhaust note.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
instant full power? yes please! too bad it doesnt have a longer range or faster battery recharge. as a commuter, it'd be great, but i go on way too many 300-500 mile days where that wouldn't quite cut it. and it's only good for a few sessions at the track, boo. once they get the range higher, i'll be looking into them. some get over 100 miles a charge but not much more than that

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
instant full power? yes please! too bad it doesnt have a longer range or faster battery recharge. as a commuter, it'd be great, but i go on way too many 300-500 mile days where that wouldn't quite cut it. and it's only good for a few sessions at the track, boo. once they get the range higher, i'll be looking into them. some get over 100 miles a charge but not much more than that
With an electric motor you get maximum torque at 0 RPM. HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252 still applies. I've ridden a zero and i wasn't that impressed. Maybe it was because it was a demo unit, but I couldn't get it to wheelie even off the line. It seemed really tame (boring). That being said, if they were $5k instead of $10k I'd be much more likely to get one for commuting to work.

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts