Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a list of the worst mods you have done to your bike (that you're willing to admit to)? We all know about the mods that are popular and work well. I'm curious as to what mods people have made that they later regretted.

I've personally got 2 that really pissed me off. The first was a big bore kit in my old 87 CBR1000F. It worked just fine unless I was in any traffic and then it would overheat really quickly. I should have bought some used cylinders and gone 1 over on the stock pistons instead of Weisco. Hindsight is always 20/20. That bike did run like a raped ape though. It was a comfortable bike, too.

The second have been frame sliders. On the ZX they weren't bad because I didn't have to hack up the bodywork. I was able to take them off and give them to a forum member in need. Every time I put my foot down my shin and knee would hit the slider. I don't personally care for sliders and haven't had good experiences with them. On my RC51, I had to cut holes in the bodywork. I didn't mind at first-they were fine. But I later decided that I didn't want sliders on and couldn't take them off w/o the holes being there. Plus, I found a great set that were no cut made buy a guy in Germany. Thorsten Durbhan I think is his name. His sliders looked like they would actually work.

The ATRE on my ZX is on the fence. I have my doubts as to whether it really does anything. I really dig having a gear indicator though.

Ok, so fess up. What are your worst mods?

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
I honestly can say that I have not done one thing to my 10 that I regret! I research the hell out of everything I do to it so I can make sure I am doing what I want!! :)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
I put a Hotbodies windscreen on my bike. Shhhh...don't tell anyone please.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
what about somebody else modding your bike for you. Some vandals primered over the left kawi sticker on the tank. I haven't done much to mine that I regret other than dropping it on both sides. I guess I modified the plastic with a little help of asphalt.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I honestly can say that I have not done one thing to my 10 that I regret! I research the hell out of everything I do to it so I can make sure I am doing what I want!! :)

How you liking them preloaded adjusters??:heyyou::lol:

I bought the competition works fender eliminator for the gen 2, ugliest thing ever, was on the bike for two weeks before I could steal the wives off her 6 lol and Lsl bar ends!! Any body want some??

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot about the hugger I have for my ZX. It's a 79 dollar ebay special. It's worth 5 bucks tops. It hasn't broken yet. I've got a friend that dabbles in fiberglass and carbon fiber. When the hugger gives up, I'll have him use it and the stock chain guard to mold up something solid.

I also forgot about the undertail on my RC51. I forgot what brand it is. It looks good but doesn't function for shit. The turn signals couldn't be seen if it wasn't dark out and since I almost never ride at night... It might have been a Hotbodies part. I'll have to check.

MM, those wheels were an expensive mistake. Ouch.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Oh oh........ I know that's easy...Bluedevil

ooops you meant on the Bike. :lol:

Well, I would have to say it was the Acumen Gear Indicator but I took care of that by designing my own :mrgreen: .....other than that I have no complaints but then again I didn't mod the heck out of it like some of you on this board. :wink:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
worst mod new brakes

best mod neon lights

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
How you liking them preloaded adjusters??:heyyou::lol:

I bought the competition works fender eliminator for the gen 2, ugliest thing ever, was on the bike for two weeks before I could steal the wives off her 6 lol and Lsl bar ends!! Any body want some??
I completely forgot about those LOL

Ok worst mod ever-Preload adjuster!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Worst mod new brakes? Do tell?
before I was able to touch my throttle with my stock brake lever, for modulation of the brakes I could squeeze slowly and modulate the brakes like a pro. NOw the galfer ss lines, crg levers and zx14 nissin calipers I have one finger braking

and the neon lights, man those are the best, all the 13 year old bitches in my project love the lghts when I ride by:spit:

·
Registered
12 Posts
:+1: That makes three of us. It's so horrible that I can't even put one of the windscreen screw in. What a badly designed windscreen.

My friend had a hot boides undertail, it's cheaply made as well. Stay away from Hotbodies. I wish i knew before hand.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Oh oh........ I know that's easy...Bluedevil

ooops you meant on the Bike. :lol:

Well, I would have to say it was the Acumen Gear Indicator but I took care of that by designing my own :mrgreen: .....other than that I have no complaints but then again I didn't mod the heck out of it like some of you on this board. :wink:
That was an easy one! hahaahha :crackup:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
:+1: That makes three of us. It's so horrible that I can't even put one of the windscreen screw in. What a badly designed windscreen.

My friend had a hot boides undertail, it's cheaply made as well. Stay away from Hotbodies. I wish i knew before hand.
:+1: all time worst (nothing to do with the 10) was a hotbodies undertail for my 03 GSXR1000. Poor fit, paint didn't match, and it had 1 red blinker & the other was amber.:thefinger Sent it back. "Do you want a replacement?":headshake "No Thank You".:lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That was an easy one! hahaahha :crackup:
lol.....since you been banned before and on the bubble these days I will give you an out this time but remember next time. :wink:

bloo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts