Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new setup.. Thinking about Vortex.. but uncertain on what is the best and will handle the abuse. I'm not looking to turn my bike in to a full drag bike..yet, but tons of street duty and occasional strip.

I'm looking at a 520.. Is it really worth going to a 520? Would I really see any difference? What are some good 520 chains that can handle the abuse? Should I just stick with 525?

I'm going to go +2 in the rear now since I'm still SWB. I just think -1 +2 would just be too much because I have a hard time keeping the front down with stock gearing.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i would stick with the stock 525 chain size since your going to be launching the bike pretty hard. -1 +2 is a good setup but -2 +2 is killer at the track if you plan on stretchin her :wink:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Listen to this guy he's learneded a few things lol

I use driven and they get the BigCat seal of approval just avoid the aluminum sprockets ull go through them after a few good launches

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
ek zzz 520 here at 20 over leaving at 10k

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
ek zzz 520 here at 20 over leaving at 10k
top choice in chain. good decision. I think tensile strength is about what my MVXZ is, and its 525. Im also ridin extensions at about 61" WB

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess I'll just stay 525. Was thinking that a 520 would liven it up due to the lessened rotating mass.. I how ever wont be doing very many digs on the street or really being at the track. I guess I just want to make sure though that the chain will hold up to the abuse, and especially once I get the spray hooked up.

·
Registered
779 Posts
+1 and im at 68'' wheelbase.
Only +1 put some gear on that thang lol.

I'm -2+2 at 59in with the factory chain (two of them put together) its a Ek it has been as far out as 63in and I used to spray a 24 shot, over 400 passes and 4k street miles on it . I have a 12 over arm going on soon, leaning towards the 525zzz but contemplating a DRZ 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts