Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys won't believe this, I almost don't. My wife manages a veterinarian hospital in the Dallas area and as a result we have a WIDE variety of pets, most rescues. A partial list includes a bearded dragon, a scarlet headed Amazon parot, a double yellow headed Amazon parot, two wolf dogs (good pets but very labor intensive) a weinnie dog without much hair, a mut named Freebie (three guesses how we got that one) various and sundary aquatic things and two African Spur tortoises (one that weighs somewhere between 80 and 90 lbs)

The big one stays in a large enclosure that opens into our garage and there is a room with a large dog house that he claims as his home. Somehow he got into the main part of the garage where we keep the motorcycles. I have two teen age sons and a wife that rides so we are motorcycle poor, 12 in all. Thank God that the ZX10 and my wife's S2R was in the trailer. But he managed to turn over 8 of the 10 bikes in the garage including my wifes GS500 and my TL1000, all four of the dirt bikes and two of the three RS125's.

The GS took the biggest hit as it dinged the frame and dented the tank and both of the RS's aluminum tanks got scratches and one is sporting a new dent. There were various broken fenders and levers and lots of fuel and oil on the floor. The debacle finally came to an end when he knocked my oldest son's KTM 525 over on top of himself and trapped himself between that and another one of the dirt bikes.

I should have taked pictures of the carnage but I was so pissed that I didn't think of it. It looked like someone had pitched in a gernade and closed the door.

Wuff

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
:crackup: that's pretty funny, maybe not to you but if you step back and think about it....

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
This will be an interesting claim to file with the insurance company! Yeah, you should have snapped (forgive the pun) some pictures so we could all share.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
next time just get a goldfish

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
damn, thats not one you hear about standing around the snacko

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
being from texas i see alotta turtles crossing the road, but a 90 lb tortoise... i know everythings bigger in texas but dang... thats a little outlandish, i only see those at the zoo. that sux but i think id hafta use diesels 50 cal. to shoot that big mofo after doing that...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I hear they taste like chicken and the empty shell makes a great salad or punch bowl.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trust me guys, there have been plenty of turtle soup comments going around at the house just now. And, you're right about the insurance claim, especially after one I turned in awhile back. We were sideswiped by a barbecue grill. Guy was carrying a portable grill in the back of his truck, not tied down, and it blew out as he was passing us and seriously dinged up the side of the car. Just glad I wasn't on the bike. I can just see the headlines. "Motorcyclist Grilled by run away barbecue!"

Snapped is the right word, when my wife found the carnage she screamed and I ran outside to see what had happened. When I went into the garage I was stunned to silence, then I went off. I jerked up the 525 and threw him out of there. Now this morning I'm stove up like an old dog from yanking up all the bikes and tossing him out.

I'll try to snap some picts of him and post them tonight or tomorrow.

Have a good day guys.

Later, Wuff

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:headshake :lol:

·
Registered
127 Posts
one_half_wuff said:
You guys won't believe this, I almost don't. My wife manages a veterinarian hospital in the Dallas area and as a result we have a WIDE variety of pets, most rescues. A partial list includes a bearded dragon, a scarlet headed Amazon parot, a double yellow headed Amazon parot, two wolf dogs (good pets but very labor intensive) a weinnie dog without much hair, a mut named Freebie (three guesses how we got that one) various and sundary aquatic things and two African Spur tortoises (one that weighs somewhere between 80 and 90 lbs)

The big one stays in a large enclosure that opens into our garage and there is a room with a large dog house that he claims as his home. Somehow he got into the main part of the garage where we keep the motorcycles. I have two teen age sons and a wife that rides so we are motorcycle poor, 12 in all. Thank God that the ZX10 and my wife's S2R was in the trailer. But he managed to turn over 8 of the 10 bikes in the garage including my wifes GS500 and my TL1000, all four of the dirt bikes and two of the three RS125's.

The GS took the biggest hit as it dinged the frame and dented the tank and both of the RS's aluminum tanks got scratches and one is sporting a new dent. There were various broken fenders and levers and lots of fuel and oil on the floor. The debacle finally came to an end when he knocked my oldest son's KTM 525 over on top of himself and trapped himself between that and another one of the dirt bikes.

I should have taked pictures of the carnage but I was so pissed that I didn't think of it. It looked like someone had pitched in a gernade and closed the door.

Wuff
:badteeth: This just proves reality is stranger than fiction. How are you going to explain that to the insurance company:dontknow:

How bad is the TL? Keep that boy running:lol:

Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Dang man! If you're makin' enough money to buy all those bikes, don't think you'll have a problem replacing them! lol I'd like to say I have all those bikes WRECKED in my garage. You can keep the GS though. lol Good luck with the claim!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts