Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts
mospeda said:
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of its existences, a ZXR400
I always wanted one of those. I use to ride with a buddy who was from Japan and he turned us on to this Japanese book store that sold Motocycle mags. I use to drool over all the small displacement bikes they have over there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YSR50 said:
I always wanted one of those. I use to ride with a buddy who was from Japan and he turned us on to this Japanese book store that sold Motocycle mags. I use to drool over all the small displacement bikes they have over there.
Theres plenty of this kinda 400cc around here in Singapore.
Its a common sight to see CBR400, GSXR400 and ZXR400, its a shame that there isnt much FZR400.

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts
mospeda said:
Theres plenty of this kinda 400cc around here in Singapore.
Its a common sight to see CBR400, GSXR400 and ZXR400, its a shame that there isnt much FZR400.
we had a ton of FZR400 s here in the US. Most of them ended up on the track all pieced together with different parts from different bikes. I would still love to get one if I could find a nice stock one.

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts
scanned from the '94 Kawasaki Bike Catalogue (Paris Salon '93)

Attachments

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i would get one if they sold it like how they sold the 250 here in the states

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RichTJ99 said:
Is it closer to an aprila ? Sounds like it would be a fun track bike.
neh, its totally different, ya looking at a 4 stroke 250cc with really hi redline

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
In the SS400 class the RS250 and ZXR400 used to race each other. Both are very nice bikes. But both have remained unchanged for years. The RS is now dropped from the Aprilia line up (exhaust emmision regs). The ZXR400 is a nice bike but it has never changed (apart from the paint work) since they started making them.....Nice but bit outdated now

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Sweet bikes I wish our emission laws werent so strict I would love to get my hand on one as a track bike.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I don't think it's an issue of emissions for the 400cc inline 4, but more an issue of supply and demand. I don't think the market demand for the 400 is large enough in the US. It would be cool as hell though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
jeech said:
I don't think it's an issue of emissions for the 400cc inline 4, but more an issue of supply and demand. I don't think the market demand for the 400 is large enough in the US. It would be cool as hell though.
I agree. The US market follows the old saying "No replacement for displacement". Therefore the manufacturers don't import the smaller CC sportbikes. To bad for us, as I would love to have got a ZXR400 for track duty.:sad:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I think suzukis commin out with a 400...Ill check.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts