Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you can see by my avitar I ride my 4yr old on my bike. Nothing crazy, I don't even accelerate fast with him we just cruise. We got off the bike at McD's and walked inside and was confronted by a large woman who said i shouldn't put my son in danger like that, and that she would report me for endagering my kid. I told her guys on harleys do it all the time why cant i? There is no age limit on passengers in NC. What do you guys think, I mean come on it's not like im stunting with him. I just take him to McD's ,and the bike shop occationally. I even put all the Marine Corps Saftey crap on him vest, gloves etc... which takes us 5 mins to get on before we can ride.:dontknow:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
you and your kid are enjoying some quality time together do'nt let that wind bag spoil it:headshake what are we supposed to do wrap our kids in cotton and bubble wrap and hide them away:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My dad use to take me out when I was 4.....

Screw that bitch!........... She's just pissed cause she's freak'in fat!....

All that fat agression, gotta get it out some how.......

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Dude, frig her. I applaud you 'cause I see idiots cruising around here all the time on Harleys/Cruisers with a kid on back wearing shorts, a poor fitting helmet etc. All while while the parent in control has no protection. You ARE being responsible and being a good example. Hats off man.

BTW, in the eyes of your son, you are Super Man and he will remember those rides for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
kudos to u man, bring him up in the sport the right way. start em young and with the proper mindset and gear and he might be lapping laguna someday rockin the american flag on a gp bike...

·
Registered
339 Posts
man my kid is just before walking and i plan to get her a motorcycle(yes i said her) as soon as she can ride a bike. That is if she decides she wants too. So i say just look @ ppl like that and give them a smile. maybe even tell them to have a nice day but never let them spoil your time with your kid.

·
Banned
319 Posts
i also take my girls 4 and 5 riding(not at the same time...lol) and i get the evil look from people i dont think that we have even seen 25 mph when we go for rides they do like to hang out with me when i go meet the other riders and a few of them even tell me that they wish their kid would ride with them but the kids are to afraid....and look my little girls got more balls then your son....lol......anyway if you are like and feel comfortable taking your kid on a ride then there is nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
swjohnsey said:
'Fraid I'm with the fat broad on this one. Get the kid out on his own bike in the dirt where it is safe (relatively).
no surprise there as you've become the anti everything that anyone else does, says, likes, dislikes and on and on till the break of dawn sadly enough.
surely be different if there was some worthy posts but.....:rolleyes: :headshake

BD

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have to disagree with you, too.
I might put a 4 year old on to ride around an isolated neighborhood or something, but I would NEVER ride with one of my kids on back in ANY kind of traffic, or in town. Reason being.... accidents are just that. They might not be your fault, no matter how safe you are riding or how well geared up your son is.
What is the likelihood of a four year old surviving ANY kind of crash on a motorcycle? The chances for injury for such a little guy is probably a lot higher than you like to admit to yourself.

I just don't think it is worth the risk. I don't mind risking my own life, but I'm not going to give my kids the option of dying before they see teenhood.

I have ridden with my 10 year old on the 10, just one time, on a no-traffic backroad, for about 3 miles. I live WAAAAY out in the country. I also have twin 5 year olds, a 3 year old, and a two year old.

I'm not questioning your judgement, you know what is best for your kid. I just disagree.
Be safe.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ZXTOM said:
My dad use to take me out when I was 4.....

Screw that bitch!........... She's just pissed cause she's freak'in fat!....

All that fat agression, gotta get it out some how.......

Tell that Biatch you thought maybe she could go outside and lie down then you and your son could try and jump over her FAT ASS. Now that would be dangeruos. Dumb ASS people always putting there .02 in and in her case
200+lbs.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
319 Posts
i know that you cant see the furture and see a accident but i think that a factor for me is a part of the city you ride in...lots of traffic,lights,stops, it some cities there is more traffic than others...different driving habits for area's. my area is not bad so i do feel safe taking my kids for a ride every now and again

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sounds like you are responsible to me, people act like an accident can't happen in a car, or at home for that matter.

I'd love to have that memory with my dad and yes it would be worth some risk.

Sad thing is if you wanted to let the kid ride a horse and being 5 ft off the ground that'd be just fine 'cause horses are wholesome, cute and old people can relate to them.

And play football, no problem, go to public school, no problem in fact put them on a bus designed in the 50's, likely with no seat belts and a steel bar in front of you while being driven by an angry half wit- no problem, take wicked prescription drugs for being hyper..........

Can you believe we used to have barnstormers, wingwalkers and things in this country, not kids but still some daring people.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
All I am saying is that an accident that might give a 20 year old some road rash and a broken finger could do a LOT more damage to a four-year-old's body.

Consider that.

Hell, all my kids are out there doing flips on the trampoline in the front yard.....everyone thinks I'm crazy for that. Risk is risk. Kids die on motorcycles, kids die on trampolines. Accidents happen.
My kids will ride (if they want) just not until they are a little older.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
check with your local authorities and ask them is that a violation/what are the codes or proper retraint

yes that is a bit dangereous and anything can happen, but then again anything can happen in a HUGE suv as well. So if there are no Code violations, then next time, politely say there are no Laws against this, this is My child, and don't tell me how to live my life and I will do the same with you.

Now that would be the right thing to do, me, I would say, well if you report me then I will report you to Jenny Craig

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
enjoy life man this is a one way fuggen ticket were all on so get out an enjoy it with your kids if you have them or without if ya don't but either way stir those emotions up that make you feel alive otherwise your just passin time till the end of time.......

BD

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tell the fat lady to go get another Big Mac to fill her mouth. Everything in life includes risk. I ride with my 8 year old daughter periodically. We have even done a toy ride together and I have even picked her up from school on the bike (got some strange looks from the teachers). I make sure she is in all the right gear and even wears a proper fitting helmet. I try to migate the risk as much as possible and then go enjoy a little ride with my family members. And I agree with BD, you gotta enjoy life. Let your kids do the same.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Well, there are no laws against feeding your kid ice cream 10 times a day either.... but you probably wouldn't do it.

Do you have one of those buddy-restraints that attaches him to you? They are designed for kids that like to ride. I've seen them in the back of magazines. Might be a good investment for you since you don't have a backrest or anything. Might help you to minimize the risk even more.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts