Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that anyone really cares but on Saturday I got my first elbow drag down in turn 2 at Thunderhill Raceway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to get my right elbow down! And I finally conquered my fears of that track. After a wreck in 04 that put me out of racing and out of motorcycles completely for almost 2 years and then first time back to T-Hill last year wrecking again I finally broke 2:05. My best lap was a 2:01:53 and I averaged about a 2:04!!!!!! Now I just have to get that illusive elbow drag on camara!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I drug my elbow weekend before last... too bad it was on the way to dragging my back, knees, and most of the right side of my bike.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drug my elbow weekend before last... too bad it was on the way to dragging my back, knees, and most of the right side of my bike.
Yeah believe me I've dragged elbow like that many times but I actually kept this one up!!! Sorry to hear about you and the bike at least you're in good spirits about the drop.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Yeah, I am pissed but fine about the whole situation... My final outlook will be determined by how much/little my insurance company decides to hone me out over the wreck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah dealing with insurance sucks but good luck to you man.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Thanks, congratulations on getting the elbow down though seriously... that's like kneedragging x2.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Nice one bro.. You really gotta take them pics.
Anyway, Im off school for a year (**state budget cuts**) and I might need some hookups on track days :) I'll call ya :)

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Post some pictures when you can, but a big:thumbsup: to you man, I had a bad wreck at blackhawk farms in Illinois when I was station in Leonard Wood etc. I can say I had a left elbow down a couple times but the last time ended just like the other member said LOL...All I can say is the butt and legs got most of the damage :crackup:

But keep in mind it was on my late honda now, so most of you would love that the honda went down

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Best Pics From Saturday Zoom Zoom Thunderhill!!!

I was close in these pictures but eventually I will get that elbow drag caught on film. Pictures taken by Joe from www.4theriders.com and trackday was with www.zoomzoomtrackdays.com

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice work, I'll give it to you, it looks like you're having a fair crack. Not much leather on that inside grip though. Looking forward to the vid!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've always ridden like that. Its more comfortable for me to have my hands as far out on the handlebars as possible. The outside of my hand is at the end of the barend.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not that anyone really cares but on Saturday I got my first elbow drag down in turn 2 at Thunderhill Raceway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to get my right elbow down! And I finally conquered my fears of that track. After a wreck in 04 that put me out of racing and out of motorcycles completely for almost 2 years and then first time back to T-Hill last year wrecking again I finally broke 2:05. My best lap was a 2:01:53 and I averaged about a 2:04!!!!!! Now I just have to get that illusive elbow drag on camara!!!!!!
Nice dude thats a finiky track. Before they repaved it i was laying down 2:02's and even 2:10s sometimes just because all the damn bumps slowed me down and really offset the suspension sometimes. That was all on my 636. Took the 05 10-R out for the first time after they repaved it a couple months back and laid down a 1:58 my very first lap. Oh how I love the 04-05 10-R (and t-hill!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was close in these pictures but eventually I will get that elbow drag caught on film. Pictures taken by Joe from www.4theriders.com and trackday was with www.zoomzoomtrackdays.com
hahaha whoa now that's why you're dragging elbows! That's not much of a lean angle but you're really hanging off the bike! lol just be careful because the suspension acts completely different when you get all that weight off the bike that much. Either way props! Ive only dragged elbow once and that was on a reflector coming around a left hand hairpin on highway 9. Pretty funny when it happens, I was like wait what the hell did i just hit? oh that was my elbow! haha

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I don't normally go for elbows but hey its a new fad so why not give it a shot. I was running 2:04's pretty consistantly all day and my fastest lap was a 2:01:52. In reality if you look at the pics I'm really not that far off the bike. Only half my ass is off I just scooted back in the seat a little bit more then normal and and shifted my upper body a bit. Those pics were taken right as I was about to rearend another bike. Jackass forgot to get on the throttle at the apex of 2 and ran right up on him. If I reached out I could have grabbed his tail.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts