Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well ive always held down a job , i own a house and live in it (but i still need house trainin) , also people are always wantin something from me so i disagree

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a sugar mama and go to school. but i graduate in few weeks and the impending doom of holding down a job is really pressing down on my chest causing panic and anxiety, so i decided to continue school and get my masters and hold off workng for another year and a semester.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I got laid off at the end of Nov. I have been holding out for my dream job. They come up every once in while (gas plant operator). I applied for a week or 2 ago. If this one doesn't work out I am going to have to expand my job searching scope. So I guess I am bum.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dream job is to work in an air conditioned building. My last real job was dental hygiene in the army.....its surprising how much dental work gets done out in the field....smh....*face palm*

·
Registered
691 Posts
I work in an air conditioned building, running injection mold machines. Nice comfy 68-72 degrees at all times. Tobad the job sucks. Tried doing some college but they got us working so many hours and a college degree is so devalued anymore, wont make anything more with a simple 2 years program then I already do.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel u. The Man trying to hold u down. At first an associates was plenty but then everyone realized it was easy to get. So the man said `o hell nah`...then started asking for bachelors...but now 12% of Americans got that too...so the man is like 'o hell nah'...now pple with bachelors can't find jobs!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yessir and that is exactly what discourages me from it. People have a bach and can't even get a damn job. And then generally not making all that much money either. Not to mention the first few classes are completely retarded... I heard anymore the money you'd spend for a bach degree would be better off invested.

You're better off finding a company with advancement and working your way up the ladder or so it seems.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I have a (paid off) house, truck, car, boat, 2 Ninja's.
I work at a job I like NOW,
make 1,100 to 1,500 a week depending on how many hours we work.

Yup, I'm a BUM.

Sucks to be me. :mrgreen:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I feel u. The Man trying to hold u down. At first an associates was plenty but then everyone realized it was easy to get. So the man said `o hell nah`...then started asking for bachelors...but now 12% of Americans got that too...so the man is like 'o hell nah'...now pple with bachelors can't find jobs!
ain't that the fucking truth! I cant find shit with a bachelors in finance/mgmt. And the few openings I do find they want u to have 46yrs experience or a quadruple masters. If I'd know it was gonna be this much bullshit to try and better myself to I could live better idve just went into a plant after high school.

Now I have a $25,000 piece of paper that says im intelligent but it doesn't mean shit to anybody looking for somebody like me bec im new in the field. Can can one gain experience if nobody will give u a fucking chance?? So unfortunately im stuck working for my father in law :suicide: I hope to God I get this job at the Livingston parish sheriffs office

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
You can always lean to be a pipefitter or pipewelder and make the big bucks.
They pay them 33 bucks an hour around here.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Maybe an assassin.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
only reason im going to school is cause i get the gi bill and the guard is paying for college
i ran out of my gi bill. squandered it.

but in texas we get the hazlewood. which is another 150 c hours of paid school. only used like 50 of that so far. masters is only 32...

but im dead scared of this job market.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I havnt missed a day of work since 15 and I'm 29 now. I was one of the lucky ones that got out of the Marine Corps and landed a career job on the RailRoad on terminal leave. I started this job in 2006 at 45k a year (most money I ever made) now 6 years later I'm making 92k a year plus merit, 4 weeks of vacation and 15% bonus yearly. Luckily I have no family cause in those 6 years I moved 4 times. I still consider myself very lucky though.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Oh and I ha a 2011 Chevy silverado with a gas card that the company says (I must take everywhere)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts