Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Mac guy for a long time (7 years) but we got new PC's at work with windows 7 and I got to admit windows 7 is freaking awesome! it has allot of the Mac feel and PC's are cheap compared to MAC!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Always had PCs and doubt I would buy a mac. I did use a Mac in my graphic design class way back when and it was nice.

Just got a new PC at work. Dual quad core xeons and they are pretty nice but trying to figure out why they are still using xp professional. I understand the compatability issues but to me it would just make sense to make the switch.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I have both. My main comps are PC's with W7 but my graphics workstation is a Mac w/SL. I do use my PC to do graphics though too. I like both equally, but my PC's are way more versatile.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure that mac wins hands down for graphic applications. Or at least it seems to be the majority that think that. I've done plenty with a PC though with no issues.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
PC here for ages...never had a Mac...but will sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
BOTH. I work in IT and I have to work with both and I like em both. I also have a Mac Book with XP (my Fav Windows OS) via boot camp.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I almost went mac when I bought this Vista PC.

When I looked at the mac, no one could make the frame go away when viewing a photo in "full screen" and I didn't like that.

It was already more expensive and I'd have to re-train my brain to deal with a mac, I was ready for that but the experience at the store changed my mind. Wasn't an Apple store though so maybe that frame can be eliminated.

Been dragging my heals on doing Windows 7, sounds like I should have switched already.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i bought my first mac a few months back and have been loving it since.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That was good.:lol: Personally I don't like MAC's, but that's just me. Just make sure your data is backed up, cause if you get a corrupted file system it is very difficult to recover data from it.

·
Administrator
6,701 Posts
Apple. I'm a little bias though, I've been using Apples since '84. Both me and my wife make our livings using Apples only.

As for a laptop I went the cheap way and did a Hackintosh as well :wink: Not as nice as my daughters MBP but a hell of a lot cheaper

Attachments

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
I'm both Mac and Windows.. Was raised working on PC's, started with DOS, and have had every Windows release to date. Also worked a lot with Linux. Bought a Mac a year ago, now I love 'em both for different reasons.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts