Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have the Yoshimura full system? are the headpipes/midpipe stainless or ti? if they're stainless is the weight noticable above the stock exhaust's weight? .. how did it dyno with the Yosh?

same question for the Sato, any dyno results for them? i've seen their advertising and spoke with a rep at Kyle racing but they're selling a product. i would kinda like an unbiased opinion of Sato Vs. Yosh?

·
Registered
840 Posts
The Yosh headers and mid are stainless. The headers are 1lb. heavier than the stock headers but the carbon TRS can is 2lbs. lighter than the stock can, I didn't weigh the mid pipe but I guess the weight would be very close. The stock mid has the valve in it.
I didn't dyno my bike before any mods but it makes 157.2 hp on a very stingy dyno after full yosh, PCIII and custom map.

·
Registered
311 Posts
had the yosh and switched to the full muzzy dont really see much of a difference between them on the dyno but the muzzy sounds better in my opinion. i like the sato stuff though. what about ti force or arata

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing about Yosh Vs. Sato/Arata. I have a slip on Yosh TRS, but I know I want more power. I am pretty certain I want to get a Yosh full system/ TRS cf ( I like the look and sound of the TRS cf). I hear getting a pc3 will help my slip on a bit, but not like a full system. My new Yosh slipon may end up end up being sold here shortly if I can justify the cost of going full vs. slip on with a pc3 and tune. I think this has already been covered, but I can't for the life of me see the comparos. Anyone have yosh yeaders/mid pipe for sale??? It can't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance :helmet:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Yosh IMO isn't even in the same league as Sata. Sata plays with the big boys like Akra, Arata, Ti-Force etc..
the results of the guys bike above is proof.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Maybe I'm showing my age, but I've always associated Yosh with Suzuki.
You're right about that. That's why I went with yosh on my SV. Plus the TRS triangle shape was different.
If those numbers for the Sato are reasonable (pc3 etc) I will be looking. Who has the best prices on pc and exhaust?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can get the Yosh in Ti. Their titanium pipes are as well made as any other top quality exhaust. Also on the full Ti Yosh systems they upgrade the can to one that has ti core and end caps. Completely different beast than their SS systems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
FYI to everyone interested in Sato....You might find it a better valus to just get the Sato slip on and mid pipe. The Sato header only adds 3hp, doesn't give you any significant weight savings over the stocker (stock headers are titanium anyway) And it's likr $500 -$600......But I agree Sato is the shit for the Zx-10R. Ti Force would be choice #2, Akra #3 and Arata #4. Yosh doesn't even make the list.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Zed10R said:
FYI to everyone interested in Sato....You might find it a better valus to just get the Sato slip on and mid pipe. The Sato header only adds 3hp, doesn't give you any significant weight savings over the stocker (stock headers are titanium anyway) And it's likr $500 -$600......But I agree Sato is the shit for the Zx-10R. Ti Force would be choice #2, Akra #3 and Arata #4. Yosh doesn't even make the list.

:cool: :wink:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Zed10R said:
I think the range is more like 5-7 more HP from slip to full, depending on the map you use. Either way, I love my Sato - it looks great, sounds better and makes me feel special!

·
Registered
33 Posts
lavudyar said:
I love my Sato - it looks great, sounds better and makes me feel special!
In the end it's all about the love! BTW, rode with a Busa this weekend. He said he was having a tuff time keeping up due the sheer unadulterated power of the ZX10!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts