Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my Yoshi TRS Stainless Steel Slip On Exhaust. It will be coming off my 04 10r. It will fit the 05, and beyond that I am not sure. Only selling to get a black/carbon fiber can to match the bike. It does have a dent between the logo and mounting bracket. I am sure it can pulled out, but thats up to you; it does not affect sound or performance, just a ding from the "no good" I got it from dropping it on the trailer. I can get better, up close pics if you need. Make offer, they are selling anywhere from $350-$450 and up brand new. Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the useless info, I didnt list a price, I said make offer. I listed the new price for comparison purposes to save someone a few bucks. Reply back when you have something worthwhile to mention, THANKS

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for the useless info, I didnt list a price, I said make offer. I listed the new price for comparison purposes to save someone a few bucks. Reply back when you have something worthwhile to mention, THANKS

I thought he was telling you to possibly hook you up with a deal b/c that's what you are wanting...maybe I'm wrong? :dontknow:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, now that I read it that way, maybe, but I doubt. If so, I retract my previous statement

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Firstly, my post was a 'for your info' only kind of thing.. .statement of fact. And yes, it was to advise you since you posted the 'new' price in an apparent hope to get as much money for your banged up piece of crap... saying "it doesn't affect sound or performance.. blah blah blah."

It ain't useless info to someone looking for a good deal, that ain't cosmetically screwed... newbie foolio...

But thanks, hs, I appreciate the support... I didn't use a negative tone like this new chump. Since when did everyone get so damn hostile and defensive? Looks like someone's got issues...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See, youre wasting your time with something that doesnt concern you. Newbie to the 10, not to riding, so get off your little horse and find something relevant to talk about. Of course I am trying to get as much money as I can, anyone would be stupid not to. Sucks that you have nothing better to do than get on a forum and search for someone to bash cause you dont have any real point to anything you say. I pity u

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Firstly, my post was a 'for your info' only kind of thing.. .statement of fact...

... I didn't use a negative tone... Since when did everyone get so damn hostile and defensive? Looks like someone's got issues...

Good luck on the sale, you'll need it...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Man, if you want the same exhaust, you should save yourself the hassle, cut yours down by about 6-8", spray it flat black and re-mount your badge. I think it would look sick. Just a suggestion, looks real dope...:icon_rr:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, that sounds like a plan. I never thought of that. Anyone ever heard a yoshi thats been cut? what type of paint?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I did my Yoshi Tri-Oval. Sprayed it flat black with BBQ Pit/Fireplace paint, and it looked sick! Did this on my old 2006 Gsxr600. Just make sure you drill out the rivets on the badge if you want to still use it. Then take it apart, only have to take apart the side you are cutting from. I cut from the end, down, as you can tell. Took apart, taped off any pieces I wanted to leave chrome, and sprayed flat black. Then pieced it back together, sprayed it one more time, and put fresh chrome rivets back in the end and badge.

Toughest part is just preppin' it for paint. Make sure you got all the grease and oil off, I used vinegar to prep it. Paint still looks amazing, ALLOW FOR PROPER DRY TIME!

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any brand paint better than the other?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think I used Krylon...not completely sure though...I'll check on that
JK! I used Rustoleum, here is the exact can. Flat black, any kind of gloss with high heat never turned out good for me. And flat is where it's at nowadays!

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, I am gonna try to work on this Saturday. Is there a standard for cutting a pipe as far as length? I was thinking about 6". Does length affect anything besides sound? I will post pics as soon as I get done, thanks again

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks, I am gonna try to work on this Saturday. Is there a standard for cutting a pipe as far as length? I was thinking about 6". Does length affect anything besides sound? I will post pics as soon as I get done, thanks again
I don't think there is any specific length. Just whatever floats your boat! As you can see, I may have cut mine a little too close, you can see the hanger barely catching it, but looks good. Did it better on my Muzzy I have now, send rep my way if it turns out good!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will do. As far as the inlet and outlet caps, should they be painted or left silver or is that up to my taste? What about midpipe? All I could find was Rust-oleum High Heat Ultra Semi-Gloss. Not a bad thing, was hoping for a satin finish

·
Registered
588 Posts
I will do. As far as the inlet and outlet caps, should they be painted or left silver or is that up to my taste? What about midpipe? All I could find was Rust-oleum High Heat Ultra Semi-Gloss. Not a bad thing, was hoping for a satin finish
Endcaps are up to you. I would leave the midpipe alone, offsets and looks good. Make sure you keep your badge in good shape, heat up with like a paint remover or blow dryer before you scrape it off. Don't bend it too much. And the paint should look good as long as you prep right!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts