Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Yoshimura Tri-Oval w/o midpipe

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ninjarider10 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i just bought an 04 zx10r it came with a Yoshimura TRS bolt on exhaust. however it was connected to the stock mid-pipe and still has that funky exhaust valve attached, does anyone know where i can buy a midpipe for this exhaust that will eliminate the exhaust valve thing and fit with this pipe?

thanks
Ben

PS here is a picture of the bike (not my picture, this was what the original owner sent me new pictures are to come shortly ;)

See less See more
#3 ·
ah ha, is there any way to just pinch the valve open at all times? i am really not used to my bike not being loud at start up lol my old 2000 R6 with a slip on exhaust (granted no exhaust valve) is twice as loud as my new 10r :dontknow:

#4 ·
here are the pictures

#5 ·
Search for the Shortening Slip-ons thread from '06. Your Yosh needs it.

It makes it a tad louder and the valve is still in place. I think the valves aid rideability at lower speeds. Once you're on the throttle it opens up and you dont know it's there.

#6 ·
yeah cool great a pipe, who gives a shit with an avatar like that! who is she? :wink:

#7 ·
shortening the slip on sounds like something im going to try, i cant seem to find the thread from 06 though.. i really need to sit down and just go through the 100's of pages on this forum so i learn more about this bike, but for now if anyone has that thread and wants to shoot it my way that would be great,

and your welcome for the avatar! :hello:

#10 ·
#11 ·
i do think the full system is something i will be buying for this bike, anyone looking to part their bikes out? :hello: but i just shelled out cash for this thing, so i gota save some money for the next couple of weeks! would like to get some sound until then though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.