Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Yoshimura Tail tidy

Gen 5: 2016-20 
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  metalmechanic9 
#1 ·
Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them. :p

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them. [emoji14]

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.
I had one and sold it. It's heavy steal and has way to many bolts and nuts holding it together for my liking. Just seems like it's a one fits all bike afterthought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.