Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them. :p

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well.. I found this a bit frustrating.

1. The bracket isn't going to work with a Canadian license plate. It is made for US plates but make no mention of it on Revzilla.
Looks like I will end up punching holes though my plate and lying it over top of the nice Yosh frame.

LAME.

I would have returned it but I kind of killed the packaging when I opened it.

OOPS.

I bought a set of "CNC Racing" Led signals, $64 usd for the set. High quality! I had a set on my old z1000.

Ran into a bit of an issue when I realized that the Canadian license plate is going to cover half of my signal light.
Of couse, after I got it all together, I realized that I can flip the side brackets around... by putting the right one on the left side and visa-versa...
and this would push the signals out enough that the plate isn't covering them.

Important Question: Would I recommend this tail tidy - yes in the USA - no way for Canadian plates.

Anyhoo here's what it looks like.
I had one and sold it. It's heavy steal and has way to many bolts and nuts holding it together for my liking. Just seems like it's a one fits all bike afterthought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd return it anyways if it were me. Packaging destroyed or not! It does look nice though.
I know Revzila won't take it back and I really don't want to ship it all the way there for nothing. I will just mount it overtop. Lesson learned. :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
why wont your plate work with the mount? anything specific would be helpful.

I own one of these myself but I live in the US so it fit great for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Canadian motorcycle plates are physically larger than the US plates..
I dont think the issue of size is the issue considering the yosh frame just sits over the top of the plate for the most part . As long as the bolt holes line up they should bolt together.

Or am I missing something to this?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I dont think the issue of size is the issue considering the yosh frame just sits over the top of the plate for the most part . As long as the bolt holes line up they should bolt together.

Or am I missing something to this?
They don't, it's different

1 - 13 of 13 Posts