Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Yosh RS3 slip-on a few weeks ago and I am noticing, especially now that it's gotten a colder, that when I back off the throttle the exhaust rumbles almost to the point of a full backfire.

Could I need to remap the fuel and air, just from swapping the muffler?

Thanks
Phil

PS- also has anyone else purchased Yosh pipes? I'm finding their tech support not responsive at all and their dyno charts are for mostly older bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cold air= more dense air, combined with probably tons on extra fuel in the exhaust when you close the throttle... its gonna back fire.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Did you perform the KLEEN mod? That will help a lot but not totally eliminate.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not. I removing the emissions really good route?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
yes, because you are no longer routing fresh air that will detonate and cause the popping as it burns.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Mine backfires as well with RS3 and PCIIIUSB...your bike and mine did this before the mods, it was just hard to hear on decel with stock pipe and Exhaust valve closed. I think noise is the main reason for that thing..mine is full time open now and the bike is much louder at idle...me likes!!
Hey, I bet I get 2x the miles on that front tire now with the mods done...it seems to be on the ground half as much...LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah I've got the TRS full sys. with PCIII and mine still backfires a little. I kind of like it sometimes though. My real problem is the throttle response, it's pretty touchy, I'll be trying to tame that this winter.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
BNninja (Chris) and I peformed the KLEEN mod to my bike this weekend and I no longer have any of the backfiring issues.

Very cool stuff!!!

FYI- If you opt to drop bolts into the engine compartment, double your estimated project time ;-)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Oh yes, three tear down day it was. I took my bike out today and can't believe the added power by a 10 degree drop in temps.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
by doing the KLEEN mod....it will eliminate some of the backfiring but not all....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts