Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to get YOSHIMURA or AKRAPOVIC?. Both good cans but which sounds better or even looks better. Can you give me some help or ideas.

:wav:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
not much beats an Akropovic if you can afford it.. if you can't afford it buy the yoshi. I had a Akro EVO2 on my 05 and LOVED IT. Mega performance and no weight. I had the Yoshi RSC on my ZX14 and while you get what you pay for it's not a bad pipe but don't expect to squeeze every last HP out of your bike with the Yoshi. As for the loudness factor, they're going to be close depending on what model you get.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
deffinatly akra, just put an evo system on mine couldnt believe the power differance, my buddy has a zx10 with a yosh and he likes mine a lot more, hell he liked my micron pipe more lol

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have had the Yoshimura and Akrapovic exhaust on the same bike. For my money, the Akrapovic sounds better, looks better and performs better. In the sound area, the Yoshi was a little louder and to some, that sounds better. But not to me. The Yoshi sounded harsh and the Akrapovic sounded smoother, if you can understand what I am referring to.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got a Full yoshi on my 04. It is the rs3 version. I used the power commander map that is preloaded on the cd and it did make some diff. Mine isn't too load but when you twist the throttle back it sounds awesome.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are you talking full system or bolt on? I'll get you a sound clip of my yoshis. I was stuck between yoshi, devil, and akra. I saw and heard all 3 and I think the devil sounds the best. HP#'s were all within 1 HP which is well within any dyno fluctuation. Just go with what looks the best in my case it was the yoshi bling. I'm still making 167hp with just pipes and filter.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
how much you wanna spend? Thats what it really comes down to. this bike makes loads of power so if you want more, and have lots-o-$ go akra. I love mines!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts