Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fella's

I'm a long time-viewer, first time poster. I've read most the past threads and I haven't seen the answer I'm lookin' for. I have put the Yoshi R-22 bolt-ons on my 06 ZX-10 (I really like the look). Now, I want to put the PCIII on it, but, nobody seems to have any maps for that exhaust. So, my ? is, Will the Dan Kyle Sato bolt-on map work with that???? Also...I really don't mean to open up another can, or kick a dead horse, but if I disconnect the exhaust butterfly valve, would I want the map for the full system??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I am a newb, so please be gentle.....

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Are you going to leave the butterflies open? Are you going to gutt out your catz? The akrapovic map should work until you can get to a shop to dyno tune. My .02

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My intention was to just leave the valve open. I was not going to gut the cats (yet). Maybe it's better to not even mess w/the valve and just go w/the akrapovic map??? I am guessing you mean the bolt-on???

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
if your going to get bolt ons, dont mess wth the butterflies and do any one of the bolt on maps. Try then out to see witch one you like better. If your going to gut the cats then open the butterflies and download the full exhaust map and get to a dyno shop and have it tuned. thats whatI would do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton Minichevy... I'll leave the butterflies alone and give that a try w/the Akro bolt-on map. The PCIII is on it's way now so I should be tryin' it out by this weekend.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Have fun. These bikes are awesome with the upgraded maps. I have the Akra full ti exhaust, PCIII, and filter. The bike feels out of conrtol. Its a different animal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Minichevy, Since you seem to be the only guy to take me under your wing here, I got one more question for you. Ivan's TRE??? Will I even want one if I get the PCIII? I've read so many different threads about people that love it or hate it. I honestly don't even understand what it does!!! Does it give you more power in the first four gears or does it just smooth things out?

I am just trying to keep ahead of my Bro-in-law on his 07' gixxer 1k. I got him on the top-end, but he takes me in the mid-range and I'm having to slowly play catch-up before he lets off the gas..... Pisses me off!!!! Got anything else up your sleeve?????? Which mods would you recommend??????

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
I dont have the TRE and I can't keep my front end down. I haven't re-geared or anything. Like I said I have the exhaust, pc and filter. That should take care of any gixxer. Also I haven't dyno tuned. I dont seem to have an flat spots. I weight 155 but my friend that 220 says he has problems with the power. Hes a gixxer guy soon to be green. Is price a factor?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Like most, I want the most power for as cheap as I can keep it. I will spend money to up-grade my bikes though. But, I want to keep it as 'street' friendly as I can. Will the PCIII help in the mid-range??? That is the only place I'm lacking.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If you use a good map the PC should help ya out all over. Maybe not gaines, but will keep you from losses.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Minichevy recommended the bolt-on Akra map. I have NO IDEA where I can even find a dyno in my area, so I'm just going on what you guys recommend. Is there any other maps I should be trying w/what set-up I have now??? I just really want something that will hit hard in the low to mid range area.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Yes the PC will help with the mid. Like I said before once you get the PC you will have access to the maps and you can try them all to see witch works the best with your set up. When you decide all your mods then you can dyno tune to them and get the most out of the PC.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a ton! I'll let you know how it goes once it gets here.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
you might want to get a filter (BMC race) if you're getting a pcIII it will help out a little. also how many miles do you have on your bike? you might want to do an oil change with some good oil that will smooth things out a little as well. then there is always nitrous

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will do that. I've usually gone w/K&N, but it sounds like most people go w/the BMC. I just turned 1600 miles on the bike and changed the oil the last time w/Motul synthetic at 1000 miles. What are most people using for oil?? Brands? Weights? Synthetics? I want to keep away from nitrous....Although that would be the shizzle...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts